Cannot open saved place: "Serializer::checkHeaderForXML can't read header"

Nevermind. The issue resolved itself just now.

Apologies for any inconvienence.

Still happens for me. This is downloaded from version history of a place I have team create access too, but not through a group. I canā€™t download any version history files from this place, or any other place shared with me. Games owned directly by me and group games where Iā€™m not the group owner still work fine.

Opening this file in the text editor just shows ā€˜nullā€™

Edit: just read some more of the comments. There is no support for non-game owners who have access through the shared with me page to download versions, any idea when this feature will become a thing?

This seems to be a very old error from downloading version history. Happens on every version history that I attempt to download.

Iā€™m having the same issue, it doesnā€™t matter what version history you try to download it errors with
"Sorry, this place could not be loaded. Details: ā€œSerializer::checkHeaderForXML canā€™t read headerā€

This issue also exists for our game, where we get a similar error; ā€œSerializer:checkHeaderForXML canā€™t read headerā€. The previous versions of the game when downloaded are all 4 bytes as stated by the OP. This issue also randomly appeared as well, which also aligns with the OPā€™s statement regarding this issue.

2 Likes