Cannot press Play from the Script menu anymore

When a script is the active window, I cannot press Play to test the game. There is a Play button in the Script menu, so I would expect either:

• The Play button to work while a script is the active window
  • The Play button to not be in the Script menu, since we can’t use it when a script is the active window

I have not tested if this is always the case, but I’ve passively noticed it multiple times over the last week or so.

This bug happens on www/production.

This bug is fairly recent but I don’t know exactly when it started. Around a month or two ago I could press Play from the script menu.

I’m thinking this is an intentional change to squash some script menu + play button bugs, but staff didn’t realize that there is a Play button in the Script menu.

Roblox version: 0.323.0.177628
Windows 10 version: 10.0.16299

• This happens to me
  • This does not happen to me
  • I don’t write scripts, so this is not relevant to me

0 voters

If anyone stumbles across this post in the future…

1 Like

Works fine for me on the Production build + Windows 10.

1 Like

I still have this problem on a new computer with a new version of Studio. I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows before using it so it has nothing to do with existing software on the computer. It’s also a different brand from my last computer.

I didn’t respond earlier as I figured it was just me, but now I have a new computer with a completely new installation and this still happens, so that wouldn’t make sense.

I get this while running no plugins. This happens both in and out of Team Create.

Why does the ‘Script’ tab have a ‘Play’ button if we can’t use it?

Computer specs can be found here (015) or here.

Windows version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Windows 10 Home.

Studio version 0.336.0.199282