Cannot publish place while there are packages with unpublished changes

So please excuse my ignorance here, for one I am not a serious scripter and two I am not familiar with the packages update in its entirety.

Our game has packages in it and I had to make some edits to the values of some sounds and scripts that are under the packages. The package folder now has a yellow circle and I cannot publish the game without publishing the changes to the package

I don’t even know how to do that or where the button is to do so.

Can someone tell me what to do so that I can publish these updates?

1 Like

Should be in your RMB context menu as the option “[BETA] Publish Changes to Package”.

So I checked that but it’s greyed out on all options. image

Did you try it against all the descendants of the package that were changed, the PackageLink or the package folder that has the yellow circle? I haven’t used packages so I’m not sure what to do either.

I don’t know exactly what all scripts I have changed but I’ve checked some of the ones I changed and it only gives me the option to convert.

Going to get some throwaway places up on throwaway groups and see if I can get you a solution, unless someone replies within that time. Guess it’ll also be nice to check out packages - I hyped them but never really touched them yet, since I have no use for them.

(Replied to thread instead of you)

Super appreciate it. I have to get this out before I go to bed so I don’t goof everything up.

1 Like

Okay, I got something. I went ahead and created two packages, made changes and attempted publishing. As expected, it yielded the same result you’re experiencing. Just as I suggested, you need to right click the package with the yellow dot and publish changes.

If you’re not able to select this option on a package with changes made, you can probably make a quick throwaway change to the package and see if that fixes the issue. If not, you will need to file a bug report as that is not intended behaviour - packages with changes should have the option selectable.

Is it possible that I cannot update the package because I did not create it?

That might be the case. You can only use those options on packages created via the “Convert to Package” option. You can probably just move your assets to a new folder (seeing as that’s the package you originally had), convert that folder to a package and upload.

I had the same problem and my package changes were already uploaded to roblox but it kept giving me this error, my package was a script.
How I solved it was by adding an extra comment to that script and re-publishing changes to package and then synced it for the rest of the scripts.
Tried publishing the game after and it let me publish.