Cannot publish plugin - "StudioAssetService::studioSerializeInstance(): nil passed to function!"

I am trying to publish a plugin on Roblox. It works fine within Studio. However, when I go to publish it, I get the following error message:

I initially thought it was an issue with some models or MeshParts that I had in the plugin, but I deleted those and still got the error. I then tried to delete a bunch of RemoteEvents if those were causing issues, and still no success. As far as I can tell, the stuff remaining was just a bunch of ModuleScripts under a parent Script.

Is there a type of plugin content that cannot be published causing this error? I also tried individual account/group account uploads and that didn’t seem to change anything either.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

Hi @evil_florist, I’m currently unable to repro this. Are you able to attach a zip file of the plugin?

1 Like

@QuantumOrbital thanks for taking a look. See the private message for the attachment.

1 Like

This happens when you have the plugin inside an instance that isn’t replicated like PluginDebugService.

if you move it somewhere else like workspace, it wont show you the error.

1 Like

Hi @evil_florist I am still unable to repro on our test environments. Can you take a look at @anexpia’s suggestion to see if it applies in your case?

After multiple attempts, we’re unable to reproduce the reported bug. Any additional information would be valuable.

Hi @QuantumOrbital and @FriendlyAdder, sorry for the delay, the issue was fixed with @anexpia’s suggestion.

1 Like