Cannot remove terminated accounts from friends list

Bug: Cannot remove terminated accounts from friends list.
Description: People cannot remove accounts (on a non-hack-ish way) that are terminated from their friends list since a terminated account returns a 404.
Example: This player cannot remove SparrowSkorzeny from his friends list.

(Sorry if it was already reported, I searched but found no relevant threads)

12 Likes

I noticed this long ago and thought it was odd they removed the ability to unfriend someone from the friends page.

1 Like

Still an issue, my friend who quit after being terminated is still on my friends list and I am unable to remove him from it. The username of said terminated user is ā€œNattekoā€, can be found on my friends list for stated reason.

Please fix, this have been an issue for a very long time now.

3 Likes

Roblox+ has this functionality if you can use it.

I donā€™t want to be forced to use an extension made by a user I donā€™t trust (because said user does not work for ROBLOX) in order to delete friends from my friends list which is a really basic thing that ROBLOX should have fixed ages ago.

2 Likes

Especially since theyā€™ve had that before.

Firstly, Iā€™m surprised they still havenā€™t created a way to do this. This has always been an issue. Thereā€™s never been a way to remove terminated friends from our friends list.

Secondly, ROBLOX+ is open-source, so you can check out the code before you use it. Just use it to remove the user and then remove the extension. No harm done!

1 Like

Yes there has ā€“ with the previous iteration of the friends list, you could remove users as friends from your friends list without having to visit their profile.

1 Like

Youā€™re right, I think it was a small dropdown box next to the name that let you remove them. That was the only time I can remember where you could though. I have multiple memories from way back in the day where I had friends that got banned and there was no way for me to remove them from my friends list.

Worth noting you could also just grab the JavaScript it uses from the source. You can also grab that by tracking what happens when you remove a friend.

Yeah, if you go to a ROBLOX profile page, right-click and click View Source. Then CTRL+F to find ā€œremovefriendā€ and youā€™ll find some sort of API URL for this. I havenā€™t played around with it though, but I imagine you just POST to it or something.

You need a CSRF token for this :smile:

Yeah but likeā€¦ Should people really have to do this just to delete someone from their friends list? Like it is too complicated for the younger user base to figure out on their own. Might as well just do as ROBLOX had it back in the day when you could just simply delete friends from your friends list.

Support! Why isnā€™t this a thing already??

This post is over 7 years ago and it doesnā€™t have any solution but Iā€™ve found a simple way. Iā€™ve had attempted to use the Roblox + extensionā€™s features, but I couldnā€™t find anything to unfriend the inactive/terminated account, until I started play around with inspect element, found a loophole to unfriend the inactive/terminated account, and it was very simple and sweet although you have to use Google Chrome to be able perform this part.

1. Open Inspect,
  2. Expand the tab on a specific desired user ID when you hover around it, and you can see the blue highlight on the body.
  3. Change avatar-card-container disabled to avatar-card-container enabled below tab with user ID.
  4. You will be able to click the three dots, then you can unfriend the inactive/terminated account.
    Itā€™s very simple and sweet.

P.S. If it doesnā€™t work, you can always private message or reply my post.

8 Likes

Hi! Seeing the last response was awhile ago, would you be able to confirm this is still reproducible?

Yes. If one of your friends has had their account terminated, you need to go to their profile page to unfriend them. If they are banned, clicking their avatar to go to their profile page will bring you to a 404 Not Found page. This means there is still no way to practically unfriend a friend who is banned, as thereā€™s no way to access their profile/the unfriend button.

1 Like

You can unfriend them right in your friends list.

How so? I donā€™t see an unfriend button when viewing my friends list.

A ā€˜three dotsā€™ dropdown selection field will appear with the option to unfriend the user. This only appears for terminated users. Although it does appear this may have been broken according to previous replies, if this is the case, it may be best to file a different bug report as the cause is different.

1 Like