Cannot Report Abuse for game icons

I’m seeing a huge prevalence of games on this platform offering some sort of free robux or heavily implying so in their game icons, and there is currently no way to report it.

When you click “Report Abuse” under a game’s page, it does give you the option to “Select any inappropriate media:”. However, this only allows you to select from the game’s thumbnails and not its icon. Please fix this so these scam games can start to go away.

One example (with >1k concurrent players during peak hours):

[MILLIONS! 🤑] RBX Robox Easy Obby (Admin Vip!) - Roblox

Edit, as a side note:

Almost every one of these games seems to have the same line in their description, as follows:

This game does not violate any of ROBLOX'S TOS rules. I do not promote scams and I am not promising any Robux reward. This game is a robux themed obby. This game is made purely for having fun and I hope the experience is great for everyone!

I don’t know if there is some AI or something going through these reports and when it sees this description it is deciding there is no scam, but these games are likely getting bombed with reports and nothing is happening.

Here is another example:

[5M! 💰] RBX Robox Easy Obby - Roblox

And another (without the description):

97% Win Roblox Cart Ride FREE CARTS UPDATE robux - Roblox

You can find plenty more of these games in the “Recommended Experiences” listed below each one of these games.

How are these getting tens of millions of visits and not getting taken down from reports?

4 Likes

Not even sure how moderation let it slide. It’s obvious it’s not going to give you robux. But as stated on the Roblox Terms Of Use, It states that if a game that states that
there is a way to get free robux violates the terms of use.

And they came straight out with it, no real robux is promised. But then the game icon spreads misinformation, making the user believe that you can get 5M+ Robux by joining the game.

3 Likes

Yeah, this also makes it impossible to report inappropriate game icons.

3 Likes

Can reproduce, I thought the icon would be selectable next to the thumbnails, but seemingly it doesn’t.

My best bet is that Roblox uses the selected images to triage the reports with AI. If the image is classified as a scam, it would be more likely that a human moderator would check it out.

Also, this game is probably being bombarded with reports but I can imagine that they could successfully appeal this. They don’t refer to any kind of “free robux”, this association is something you make yourself.

Thanks for the report. We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

This is still an issue, I can’t select the icon and the only way to report it is to get game info through the api (ex. this one Ro-63 [NUKE 💥]_Image - Roblox saying as if report abuse ever reliably worked)