Cannot see hat texture in blender

Hello! I am mxxnlxss, a Graphics Designer, and recently I have noticed something that I just can’t seem to fix in blender.

Whenever I upload an OBJ into blender and turn on textured materials, everything is properly textured except for the hat. (as seen below)

Screenshot of problem

Any ideas of why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you,
mxxnlxss

You have to manually insert the texture.

This should help:
texturing - How do I add a texture when Importing from OBJ scan? - Blender Stack Exchange

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

I think this guide is outdated and the buttons are not the same.

Possibly. Try to look for a more recent one.

2 Likes

Hello! There’s a couple of ways you can insert the texture, but looking at the Classic Fedora it actually doesn’t even have a texture. It’s a blank white texture.

Here is the issue

You’re going to have to remove that image completely from the hat.

Here are the steps to do that

• First, you’re going to have to click on the mesh and go to the sidebar on the right and head over to the texturing area.
How you get to the sidebar and mesh texture area

• Next, you’re going to have to remove the material that has the image file
How to remove the material

You’re going to click on the materials and remove all of them from the hat.

• Now, you’re going to add your own color to the hat since it is textureless. (I’ll grab the hex code for you).
How to add a new material

Now, your material section should look like this:

You’re going to click new, and then you’re going to click on the white bar the arrow is pointed to.

A color wheel will pop up, click hex and then put in this (303030). This is the hex/color code for the classic fedora.

This should be the outcome.

I hope these steps I’ve included help you with your issue! If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate it!

1 Like