Cannot select GUIs inside top bar regardless of IgnoreGuiInset

GUI objects entirely located inside the top bar region of the screen cannot be selected using gamepad navigation even when IgnoreGuiInset is set to true.

To replicate this bug:

1. Create a ScreenGui
  2. Add a TextButton
  3. Make the TextButton less than 36 pixels high
  4. Position the bottom of the text button within 36 pixels of the top of the screen
  5. Try to select it with an Xbox controller (it can’t be done)

Relevant specs:

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • Studio 0.438.0.407270 64-bit
2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended, but it is also causing issues for me.

Yeah, it also does bugs for me.

I don’t really know why though.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

I think I’m having the same issue as well. How it worked before was that any gui object whose center was inside the topbar could not be selected using a gamepad. But some recent change made it so that if any part of the gui object overlaps with the topbar then it cannot be selected.

The orange buttons used to be selectable because their center didn’t overlap with the topbar. But I guess something changed recently and broke this?

1 Like

Setting a SelectedObject to a GuiObject within the GuiInset area fails to work. This makes it impossible to neatly position topbar icons for controller users:

Fails to capture selection (4 pixels above)

Successfully captures selection (36 pixels above)

The selection fails to capture for any objects 35 pixels high or fewer.

This occurs all the time across different games and different devices.

6 Likes