Cannot Stream Live Events on events.roblox.com: Developer Challenge 2024

Report: I cannot access Live events on events.roblox.com (in this case Developer Challenge 2024), even if I disable all extensions. There are currently no workarounds and no way to stream live events.

I, and other users, are consistently stuck on the event’s placeholder screen:

File Dump for Browser Errors / Specs

First Occurred: 1/13/2024
Last Occurred: 1/20/2024

Other Reports:

Reproduction Steps:

1. Sign up for any live event on Roblox Creator Events (in this case, Roblox Developer Challenge 2024 events).
  2. Stream the event when it begins, or in the middle of the event.
  3. The event will not load and will return errors in the console.
6 Likes

Thanks for your report! We are investigating.

3 Likes

Hi,

Our team investigated further, and it seems to be related to one of your Chrome extensions that likely blocked some critical resource files (JS files), or API requests. That prevents you from viewing the live stream.
In order to solve the error ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT you may have to disable your extensions (or configure them to not interfere with the domain). For example, if you are using an ad blocker, you may have to whitelist the domain or disable the extension. It is also possible that your antivirus software may be interfering.

Let me know if you have any questions or are experiencing any further issues!

1 Like

Thank you! I disabled my adblocker but the issue persisted. I will try using a different browser without extensions in the future to see if this fixes the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.