Cannot upload a shirt template from my computer to test in studio

All beta features except for: Dragger QoL improvements, Improved mass properties, New Studio Camera Controls, Next Gen Studio preview, and scripts non-strict by default.
Display Size = 1920 x 1080
GPU = Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
CPU = AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 Core
32GB of RAM
I also use ethernet if that helps.

So when I put a shirt on a rig to test it. I try to open the file that has the shirt in it. But when clicking on where normally appears the list of images uploaded into your game and the add image button. It just gives me the text box.
Example:

How to repro
1. Open a new place.
2. Insert a rig. (I tested with Blocky)
3. Add a shirt under the model.
4. Open the properties menu.
5. Click on the shirt instance in explorer.
6. Click on the ShirtTemplate text box. The usual add image button with all uploaded images to the game will not appear as shown previously or if yall don’t wanna scroll up. Here.

I tested in this place
ShirtBug.rbxl (80.1 KB)
It happens in all places but I already have everything set up in here.

Expected behavior

I think that if everything works correctly then I should see the usual images uploaded to the game and the upload image button so that I can test my shirts within Roblox studio and not have to upload them as an image and get them moderated before I can test.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll take a look.

2 Likes

Hi @ProClanRules,

Can you test if this still works on places that have been published to Roblox? The popup dialog only appears if your current place is a part of a universe, as the assets shown in it are tied to that universe.

Also, assets uploaded through the dialog are both tied to the universe and automatically uploaded to the platform - this will not let get you around moderation.

1 Like

I mean that I will be able to test them before I have to submit them, not to evade moderation.

1 Like

Worked when I published. Thanks

2 Likes

We do not officially support local image assets in Studio. However, it is possible to do through the content folder in your filesystem. You can find guides on how to do this by searching for it on the DevForum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.