Cannot upload decals

Hey!

I urgently need to post some decals for a long planned game update, but I’m unable to do so because Roblox is currently completely failing to upload any sort of decal.

I get a “400 bad request” error whenever I try to upload any decal. Haven’t tried with other asset types.

Was going to post a screenshot of what I mean but I can’t even press the “select file” prompt button anymore. Whenever I press it, nothing happens.

Edit: Managed to get a screenshot:

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer
10 Likes

I’m getting the same issue, when creating a decal under our SCP RP group, it automatically goes to “Bad Request” page after pressing “upload”

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the images are too big. As I said above there’s a link… I think that solves why. (I think not so sure)

1 Like

As other people have stated, Roblox has a file size limit. First of all I would ask yourself, do you need a file this big to cause this? Likely most of your users will have either 2160x1080 (average smartphone), 1280x1024 (average tablet display, probably will be higher than this resolution) or 1366x768 (average laptop) displays so there’s not much point uploading a 4K image. If you do need a file this big then you should instead crop the file with your image editing program into 2/4 parts and then upload them separately. People do this to make large images in Bloxburg already so this is certainly not a new workaround.

1 Like