Cannot upload large Terrain map to Studio

The problem
So basically i’ve trying to upload a map that’s mostly terrain with the dimensions 16384 by 16384.
Was all generated using a heightmap and it was uploading perfectly fine with around 46 million voxels.
But when i started adding more to the map like trees, the map just would not upload in any way.

Before i added any of the trees the map had 2k parts with 46 million voxels and the map was uploading fine, but when i added alot of trees (and i mean by ALOT) the map just wouldnt upload no matter what i have tried.

I have tried to:

1. Use StreamingEnabled - (Didn’t work)

2. Use RenderFidelity - (Didn’t work) – using both RenderFidelity and StreamingEnabled didnt work too.
    Screenshot_294

3. Clearing all the terrain - (Did work, so i automatically assumed its file size of the place itself that is the problem)
    Screenshot_295

4. Trying to upload multiple times - (Didn’t work)
    Screenshot_296

Screenshot of the map:

The trees are all meshes with RenderFidelity set to automatic for performance considering the map is huge.

Version of the studio:
Screenshot_297

Right now making this topic, all i want to know if there is any kind of limit to the size of the maps you are uploading and if Roblox rejects them if they’re too big.
Because i have been working on quite massive maps lately and before, around march of this year i was able to upload any kind of size map without any problems, but if the map the map was too big it would just load infinitely if it was too big for Roblox.

If there is anything to do about this it would be lovely since its really demotivating for working on something you cant even upload.

FILE SIZE:
Screenshot_320

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

I can confirm that it is resolved, thank you.

1 Like

Perfect. We will consider this issue resolved. If this issue starts occurring again, please create a new topic for us to look into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.