Can't copy-paste animation id into Animation Editor anymore!

Problem
I wanted to load an old animation so I opened my animation, copied the id then opened animation editor.
I go to Import > From Roblox and in the bottom window I’m suppose to paste the id. But nothing gets pasted. Leaving animation editor I found out my copy is completely removed. Pressing CTRL+V in command window won’t paste anything.

Solution
It’s clear that you’re clearing the copy-paste variable when you open animation editor, but maybe do it some other way? Maybe don’t clear if the information is clearly an animation id?

Right now it’s very hard to load old animations, i cant scroll for 15 hours just to find one animation.

CTRL+V works outside of roblox, correct?

1 Like

Works in roblox aswell, until you open animation editor.

We do indeed clear the clipboard. The issue is if we don’t, once you copy anything in studio you can no longer use copy/paste at all via the hotkeys in the animation editor until you close studio again. It’s a horrible trade off. We will investigate better work arounds if this really is a big issue.

Edit: may be a temporary workaround that you are interested in. But I have confirmed that copying the id from somewhere outside of roblox AFTER you have opened the import window will allow you to paste it once you click back in.

4 Likes

Meh i get it, things usually need workarounds if they dont work, but i feel that this method of a workaround was just lazy

I think the same applied to copying keyframes between different animations if that’s the case?

Is this still on the roadmap of animation editor issues, and can developers expect a fix? The animation editor is constantly overwriting the clipboard and it is very disruptive to my workflow.

2 Likes

I just ran into this issue again, if there were a search feature on the animation import option, I think that would mitigate the need to copy and paste from IDs, basically this is something you do if you don’t already know where an animation is. Developers tend to spread their assets across multiple groups. The workaround works for now, but this one was still a headache to figure out.

You can load an animation from your animation id by going to File > Import > From Roblox and then pasting it in the bottom window.

solution: left click on the filter id to pop up a button saying “paste from keyboard” and after clicking it, it will paste the id in the filter id textbox.