Cant delete my own topic when i own post

Recently while deleting my own post i tried to get rid of i had to contact staff.
I dont know the time, i didnt look at the time when this happened.

What did it say? You don’t have permission to delete this topic. If you really want it to be deleted, submit a flag for moderator attention together with reasoning.
Only I OWN the post, nobody else, just me.

Reproduce steps:

Create a post in “Creations feedback”

Delete the Topic

That screen should show up.

Exepected behavior:

Supposed to delete the topic

Pull up a warning message “Are you sure”
Post gets deleted. Boom. Done.

Actual behavior:

Supposed to delete the topic

Instead of a warning message, the post says
You don’t have permission to delete this topic. If you really want it to be deleted, submit a flag for moderator attention together with reasoning.

Now you have to request moderator approval to delete your post in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

2 Likes

This is intended. You’re not supposed to delete topics as those can be a huge resource for others, even if you don’t see it as such. You’re only allowed to have your topics removed for a very good reason. At most, the staff will just unlist it if it’s this important to you. You also already stated in the post the correct way of getting posts removed.

7 Likes

This is not true, this is a public forum. Your posts are resources to others, see above ^^
If you’re not comfortable with other people reading what you’ve posted, then you should think more carefully about what you post.

8 Likes

The post i deleted was days before, i didnt think that

Topics are not able to be deleted with more than 1 or 2 replies, if you dont want it on the public forum then dont post it.

The post only had just 1 reply.

This is incorrect, after 5-10 minutes or so, the topic can no longer be deleted, regardless of reply count. Infact, if the topic gets a reply within that period, the topic can no longer be deleted

4 Likes

That’s probably why I thought it took a reply to delete it then, thanks.