Can't discard deleted draft

I can’t figure out how to reproduce this, but I did notice an error in the console that should be an easy fix. I inserted a script, made edits (did not commit), and hit Ctrl + Z to remove the script (may have been steps in between). I attempted to discard the draft that appeared in the drafts box, but was met with this error.

The draft still lingered around

3 Likes

This happened to me a few weeks ago. it disappeared after kept spamming “Discard” over the span of 2 days.

Ah I see. Just a general update to this, it appears it was resolved since I went to Discard it and it went away without error.

2 Likes

No more than a week ago I made a quick script to test something out, might not have even hit play. I deleted the script before committing it, however the option to discard the draft fails to work with nothing showing up in the output (simply put, nothing happens). This is in Team Create for a place owned by another user (user and place IDs at the bottom of this post).

What greets me when I open the place:

dra

When I restore the script, the deleted status of the draft does not change and instead a new draft button is created, although both buttons are for the same script:

re

Upon deleting the restored version of the script, both buttons show the “deleted” status:

deldra

The newly created button is able to commit/discard the draft like normal, though these actions have no effect on the buggy button (new button goes away while old one doesn’t). When I try to publish the place a message shows up stating that I have uncommitted script changes, so the draft on the server is simply not being deleted. I’ve attempted to make new scripts and delete them before committing their changes though any attempt I make fails to reproduce this bug.

Additional information:

1 Like

I’ve managed to unintentionally reproduce this bug when I added a server script to ServerScriptService and a local script to StarterPlayerScripts. I didn’t rename either script and I hit play once. After that, I deleted both scripts and attempted to discard them. The local script was discarded successfully while the server script stuck around. Again, there was nothing in the output.

Now I have two deleted scripts that can’t be discarded:
br

I just had this problem, the script draft I cannot discard was under a Script inside ServerScriptService (It was a script under a script, that is inside the ServerScriptService), I had some errors while trying to edit the script so I deleted it, now that draft is haunted and I can’t make it go away lol. And just like in your case, when I try to restore it, it creates the script inside “Workspace”. However it creates another draft too so I can’t discard the first one any way.

Sorry to bring back a semi-dead topic, but I’ve been having the same problem on one of my games in particular. When I published a copy of it to another place, it worked fine and I could delete drafts. However right now a few drafts are just stuck there and it slows me down when trying to publish it (just by a few seconds but it also triggers my OCD lol). Just bringing back this topic in case somebody has a solution and can help haha! :smiley:

2 Likes