Can't dock widgets

I can not snap my properties window under explorer.

It will let other panes be docked but it forces properties to be stuck on Explorer.

7 Likes

This may or may have happened due this: https://www.robloxdev.com/api-reference/function/Plugin/CreateDockWidgetPluginGui

When I used this for a plugin, it now no longer works for me it will not make a window, and yes I have kept refreshing studio.

3 Likes

It’s still broken, I don’t want to dare try to move any of my widgets like explorer or properties because they do not want to snap back.

1 Like

Can confirm same issue every now and then.

1 Like

With how long it’s been around with no response I feel like it’s being ignored.

2 Likes

I have this issue on Mac

My fix is to put RbxStudio app on full screen and drag/drop correctly

3 Likes

Closing and reopening Roblox Studio seems to fix the issue when it gets stuck in this state. This is definitely still an issue in Roblox Studio on OSX.

1 Like

I may have found the fix, I think you have to close every widget made from a plugin, and then you will be able to dock studio widgets. However, this only fixes the bug half of the time.

5 Likes

I’ve also been experiencing this, but it’s not just certain panels or certain places. If I undock anything then I can never re-dock it no matter where I put it. I’ve tried restarting Studio and it does nothing.

Edit: Also just tried uninstalling both Roblox and Roblox Studio and I’m still having the issue, however I’m not 100% sure I was able to actually reset all of the data, since the widgets that were open previously were still open after reinstalling.

2 Likes

Also, at the same time, plugin widgets from a plugin of mine stopped having sort of window border things around them. I think that’s probably related.

1 Like

had the same issue too
just enable full screen and then dock the widgets

2 Likes

Still happening, Video of unexpected behaviour:

Issue still persistent. Current work around is to go full-screen, close any widgets created by plugins, and double-click the toolbar of the widget.
May have to do with “overlapping” widgets when docked, another issue I’ve had happen on Windows and OSX.

1 Like

Either this issue is getting ignored and made a low priority, or it’s a regressing bug.

1 Like

Closing out older issues - this type of behavior does not occur with the new docking system rolled out last year.