Can't edit games, randomly getting `Could not open the place "###" with exception: "Unable to open the place"`

I don’t seem to have this problem, but I hope it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

I have a similar issue, however I can’t load in a game (group game) and it just crashes “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!”. It works in other games but for some reason this ONE game I try to edit, it crashes. TC was put off and on still no effect.

I’m really mad right now as I should finish stuff before deadline which is soon.

3 Likes

That’s been happening to me as well for the past 2 months. It took me 20 minutes to finally get on Studio but then I crashed straight away.

2 Likes

Please make sure you are including information required by How to post a Bug Report

Namely:

Anyone have updates on this? It’s still happening regularly and is very fustrating right now.

Also, the error for this post is for published games, if its for a game you own on your PC or something, this shows up.

You can still run studio, but ALOT of things mess up. Constant errors. Sounds don’t load up, meshes and unions don’t load, and animations don’t load too.

2 Likes

I just encountered this bug today, I reinstalled ROBLOX and it got fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get the same error code mentioned in the title whilst im working on a project now. Once i restart studio, none of the materials, textures and animations dont load up. This gets fixed if I restart studio again.

1 Like

Ive tried that, it works, but you end up encountering the same thing again.

1 Like

I’ve been locked out of studio for the past 4 hours yet again. Same error code, when i was working on my project. Seems like the issue got worse yet again.

1 Like

I just reinstalled Studio, but the same thing keeps happening

1 Like

New error:

I have asked every one I know that uses studio, and they said its a problem for them too.

Also has any roblox staff even take notice of this post? Its getting really annoying as its been a little over 2 months and nothing has happened.

4 Likes

I believe one staff has replied to a user here. However, there was no real answer given for the original post. The original issue still persists. I am pretty sure I have included everything thats needed to post a bug report, it was approved by the Approvals Group.

1 Like

Yeah its a mistake of some sort, why’d a moderator reply to someone for and say something irrelevant?

Also recently I haven’t been able to go into studio at all. 28th time (Counting) today in a row Roblox Studio won’t open. It’s getting really annoying as I haven’t made much progress in anything.

Hopefully a member of staff notices this post soon.

ALSO:

another thing. Sometimes I can get in studio, and then when I test, this happens:

Whats this unknown? And also it doesnt give me the option to publish the place, or save to roblox as it asks me to log in, and when I do it fails and closes studio.

1 Like

Been awhile, still happening alot. Any updates yet?

1 Like

It happens quite often now (again), when trying to load up studio and sometimes when working inside studio. I’m at the point where I’ve gotten used to to it now. I just stop working and wait until it fixes itself. Still hope this gets fixed…

Same here. Workflow is completely ruined. I literally spend my whole day doing some random stuff while constantly trying to open studio until it opens.

Its been over 4 months and this is still happening to me. I can’t get much done due to this. I hope Roblox releases a fix to this bug soon.

1 Like

It could only be happening now possibly due to the site issues;

See this post

1 Like

I doubt it is because of that. This is been happening since December.

1 Like

I am fully aware; however this post is pretty old and someone said that during a time that Roblox was down; hence it could’ve been the cause.