Can't edit games, randomly getting `Could not open the place "###" with exception: "Unable to open the place"`

December 14th 2019, I can’t open any game to edit at all; not games uploaded under my account, nor games uploaded in my group. This issue happens in intermittent episodes.

Roblox Studio was fine 2 days ago ( last time i used it ), but when i tried to open one of my group games to make some changes, I got prompted with this error. I tried opening my other games in the group, ended up with the same error. The next day this issue fixed itself, but then it came back again 2 days later, and then fixed itself again the next day.

This also happens to me when I try using the beta version of Studio for Avatar Evolution (this was happening before I tried the beta though).

I have tried to both restart and reinstall Roblox Studio.
I read about a similar issue on this topic but it didnt really help me fix this error.

Log File: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/log-files-for-studio-bug/414205

Error:

c058aa813cd44199ac640801160767fe

PC Specs:

Specs

19 Likes

This also started happening to me just today. Reinstalling Studio allowed me to open one of my Team Create games but seems to have broken access to another. I hope this can be looked into soon.

5 Likes

It started happening to me too also I can’t open them from the page and from the studio.
I wish it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

I don’t believe I’m having this issue anymore, but I’m not sure if there’s been a patch. Is anyone still experiencing it?

1 Like

As for me, the problem gets fixed randomly and starts happening again. It usually takes a few hours at minimum to fix and sometimes even days. This happened to me a few hours ago, I don’t think it has been fixed yet. So I’m locked out of studio yet again.

2 Likes

image I’m having this issue as well for any game that isn’t owned by me, I don’t know the cause of this issue since I’ve haven’t updated any drivers nor windows, and worst of all, I’m unable to play any Roblox games with this issue, it’s been 24hrs. Games own by me are functioning normally without issues when I go to edit them, playing them return error code: 279.

I’ve disabled all ad-blockers (browser and software level) from blocking on all roblox related site pages.
I’ve switch between all my Wireless network bands 2.4 → 5, then wired.

I’ve already tried completely giving Roblox free passage over my firewall. (guide provided could use an update due to how windows 10 lays out their firewall menu) https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203312840

Attempted to follow this guide: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005744663
Made sure these are unblocked:

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access Denied</Message>

<RequestId>6D3B3F60395E0E1F</RequestId>

<HostId>

AzxufQk1ypMYqIV+Be8kuWNmrDE0eGSQMNTzfotPS2gClb2fVpqrCeG+jy0gpcxdyNpXrYvLp+0=

</HostId>

</Error>
https://setup.rbxcdn.com/
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access Denied</Message>

<RequestId>864DE0351B4E3A96</RequestId>

<HostId>

zGmjb2A5/8G1MVKAhDYTuZKokR83iDJLYK3blV/aowm21hNF4b4MulwvuMYPQ3UygmIZ3Zds8dU=

</HostId>

<style class="darkreader darkreader--fallback">

html, body, body * { background-color: #181a1b !important; border-color: #595959 !important; color: #e8e6e3 !important; }

</style>

</Error>

Lastly, the clean reinstall of Roblox and Roblox Studio.
Same issue.

Assuming all of above is normal, I think a Roblox update might be an issue.

EDIT: Playing games over the Roblox App also has the same error as using the Player for me.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried that, I’ll try to check on these tests if it happens to me again, just to see if i get any different results.

I have also tried to open studio with my friends PC, and I’m still getting the same error. I don’t believe it has anything to do with my PC or internet.

1 Like

Does it happen with playing games as well?

2 Likes

No, I have no issues with my ROBLOX client. I just cannot access studio when this happens. The problem gets fixed after some time in studio, however I keep getting the error again and again.

Once I get the error code, it takes a really long time to get fixed by itself (without me doing anything). The fastest it got fixed was after 1 hour, longest i had to wait was more 1 Day+. I don’t know whats causing this, gets quite annoying considering its repetitive.

1 Like

Playing games as in testing mode in ROBLOX Studio?

If its playing games through ROBLOX Player Launcher, could you attach a screenshot of the error code. It’d be quite weird to get this error code on the ROBLOX client.

1 Like

I can confirm that this is still happening to me, it gets fixed much faster but it happens atleast twice a day for me on a daily basis. I have to wait about 2-3 before I can use studio again.

1 Like

Sadly, yes. It is still much better than waiting for a day or two (when this first started to happen). I hope we can get a fix for this soon.

1 Like

I can also confirm this happening to me, easy fix for me is to join open the game using the studio launcher, not through the Roblox site :slight_smile:

Good luck, hope this helps!

3 Likes

Still hasn’t received a full fix for it I assume. I am still getting the error code everyday atleast about 5+ times. I am only getting the error code when I’m inside studio and it just crashes randomly at random times. It gets fixed quite fast. However, I now have to keep saving my work before I start editing my base scripts as every change I make for testing purposes gets saved when the crash occurs. Hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I don’t seem to have this problem, but I hope it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

I have a similar issue, however I can’t load in a game (group game) and it just crashes “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!”. It works in other games but for some reason this ONE game I try to edit, it crashes. TC was put off and on still no effect.

I’m really mad right now as I should finish stuff before deadline which is soon.

3 Likes

That’s been happening to me as well for the past 2 months. It took me 20 minutes to finally get on Studio but then I crashed straight away.

2 Likes

Please make sure you are including information required by How to post a Bug Report

Namely:

I just encountered this bug today, I reinstalled ROBLOX and it got fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get the same error code mentioned in the title whilst im working on a project now. Once i restart studio, none of the materials, textures and animations dont load up. This gets fixed if I restart studio again.

1 Like