Can't enter Roblox Studio or Roblox from Russia

Hello everyone, About two days ago my builder who is from Russia got a problem with launching Roblox and Roblox Studio. Whenever he enters Roblox Studio without a VPN he is greeted with an “infinity loading screen” that never ends. But when he tried using a VPN he got inside Roblox Studio but got an error (The one shown below) This makes him not being able to enter Roblox Studio. However, he is able to play Roblox with a VPN. But without a VPN he gets the error 279 (The one shown below)

I tried searching on Google if Roblox banned Russia, but every article I read said that they haven’t banned Roblox in Russia and they are not planning to.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

When entering Roblox Studio with a VPN:

Trying to play a Normal Roblox game.
image (1)

4 Likes

Hi @Avia_player! I’ve spent a lot of time writing this essay, so I hope it will be useful and I can help you. Please try these tips and let me know what happened!

Fix 1: Restart Your Router And Perform A DNS Flush

1. Press the Windows and S buttons on your keyboard at the same time. A search field will open. In it, type Command Prompt , right-click the first result, and choose Run as Administrator .
  2. In Command Prompt, type in the following command: “ipconfig /flushdns ” and press Enter on your keyboard to initiate it. You will get a returning confirmation message stating that the DNS Resolver Cache is flushed successfully.

Fix 2: Add Roblox To Your List Of Firewall Exceptions

1. Simultaneously press Windows + S on your keyboard to open the Windows search panel. Within it, type in Firewall & Network Protection and then press Enter on your keyboard.
  2. Scroll down until you see the Allow an App Through The Firewall option, then click it, as shown in the image below.

1. Search your computer for the Roblox executable file and add it as an exception.

Fix 3: Clear Your Browser’s Cache And Cookies

4 Likes

Hey, he tried doing exactly what you said, and it didn’t help. :((
Thanks for trying to help tho!

1 Like

it could be on your side, as i am from russia and i have no problems whatsoever. take this message as a way to tell roblox didnt block russia

1 Like

Not having any issues with it either, did you try properly deleting Studio and Roblox App from your computer and then re-installing it.

Just an assumption, it may be the other way around, a Russian telecommunications company banning Roblox due to the company being based in the USA.

Does said builder also have the issue when joining games or only for studio?

Something you could try is manually changing the DNS of your router to 8.8.8.8(google DNS). In case the router company is blocking any domains associated with the error.

I’ll ask him what company he uses. We’ll see from there.

1 Like

He tried doing that multiple times.

1 Like

Changing DNS didn’t help. He will try calling the company and asking them about this.

1 Like

Alright, just to sum it up.

I see a lot of people are still viewing this. As to how I remember it, he just waited and after some time Roblox Studio began working again.

Thanks for checking in. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.