Can't find an Auto-recovery file

Hey, I just spent a few hours on my project and silly me forgot to publish my work… I changed the avatar settings from R15 to R6 and for some reason my studio glitched. Just before I was going to save, it said “auto recovery created” in the bottom left of the screen. After I closed it I tried to find the file but I can’t and I am worried my work is now gone. Is there any other way I can try and get this file back?

Thank you!

14 Likes

Hello @TheJRGamerKC,

The auto save files will go in a file called “ROBLOX”. The file can be located in the documents unless you have changed some settings to move the file somewhere else. This may be diffrent for mac but this is how you can find it on windows. Make sure to always publish your work every 5-10 minutes to try to stop this happening again and not to just publish when you have done. :smile: Below you can find a short video of were it saves.

25 Likes

Heya, I have tried this but I don’t think anything is coming up… Thank you anyways! :smiley:

4 Likes

Is the folders there? If the folders are there you must have removed the auto save or it did not auto save that could be what has happen. If it has not auto saved then there is nothing you can do about it.

2 Likes

Try opening studio again, and seeing if there is a pop-up that says it’s detected a save file. Then select that file and open it up, and begin editing as usual.

Hope this helped.

Oh my goodness you’re a lifesaver. I just spent the past five hours working on a building commission, my wifi crashed and I thought I had lost everything. Followed your steps and found the file, thank you so much!

3 Likes

No problem. Glad it helped you!

When you load studio it should also come up anyways with autosaves

2 Likes

Mine said one was created, but there was none to be found.

9 Likes

I love how after over a year my answer finally gets a solution lol.

3 Likes

The autosave is work but when I open the folder it’s empty.it I accidently group the Workspace and then the entire thing suddenly become wierd, and also I can’t undo it for some reason. Ahh my works for today is gone.

1 Like