Can't get any references for clothing for robloxian 2.0 packages or make them myself, any alternatives?

Hey everyone, this post was flagged as off topic, however making clothes is part of the graphics section of art design support, so to try to avoid it getting flagged again I’ll try to be more descriptive in what I’m having problems with.

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I need to make clothes for a robloxian 2.0 package. It is for an RPG I’m working on, where the armor sets are actual packages, so it would be strange if the default, armorless player would be all square whilst having an actual shape when in armor. In light of that, I’ve decided to start making clothes for the game. I’ve already made a shirt for robloxian 2.0, but I encountered a problem with the collar being off-center compared to the chest. I fixed this with trial an error, and ended up having to upload the same shirt a bunch after making a lot of time consuming edits.

I wanted to avoid this for the pants, so I need to get measurements for exactly how the textures wrap around the player’s foot, to avoid having to trial and error it again and waste a bunch more time.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    The issue was that I couldn’t find any reference for robloxian 2.0 anywhere. I tried uploading my own slightly modified version, but roblox warned me for it so it didn’t work. This picture shows both why I need a good reference and what’s apparently against roblox rules :

I thought uploading clothes in studio would’ve prevented them from getting uploaded to the roblox servers, but apparently not. As far as I know it is the only way to see your clothes rendered on the player.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I could just try to brute force it again like the collar, but that is really inefficient. It also makes a bunch of near-duplicates, which might get me warned again.

So, what should I do? Is there some kind of way to view the textures without uploading them on roblox? If you already have a template laying somewhere that has markings for robloxian 2.0, please let me know!

4 Likes