Can't get MessagingService to subscribe to a topic

Hello,

I’m experimenting a bit with the new MessagingService and so far I’m having a bit of an issue with subscribing to a topic.

Here’s the script:

local messagingService = game:GetService("MessagingService")
local teleportService = game:GetService("TeleportService")
local test = game.ReplicatedStorage.Test
local findServers = game.ReplicatedStorage.FindServers
local foundServers = false
local teleportGUI = game.ReplicatedStorage.Teleporting
local placeID = 3143415630

local function findServer(server, unixTime)
	if server == false then

else
		foundServers = true
	end
end

findServers.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player)
	messagingService:PublishAsync("FindServer", "AreThereActiveServers")
	script.Parent.Text = "Finding Servers..."
	wait(5)
	messagingService:SubscribeAsync("ServerExistsConfirm", findServer)
	wait(0.5)
	if foundServers == false then
		teleportService:Teleport(placeID, player, nil, teleportGUI)
	end
end)

My ultimate goal with this system is to allow players in a lobby to pick a team colour (1 of 4) then be assigned to a server with that slot free as each team has a 1 player limit (4 player servers). The reason I want players to choose before entering a server is related to saved progress which is individual to the 4 team colours.

It’s a highly unfinished script and it will change as it’s currently just experimental, but I am constantly getting this error: Screenshot_2

I cannot for the love of god figure out how to fix this.
I’m aware it’s in beta but I have seen people talk about working examples, has it been disabled temporarily or something?
Any tips on fixing this if possible?

Cheers, reddust1.

You usually get this error when using MessagingService if you are not part of the Beta Program, hence the service is not actually enabled for you. Please confirm that you are or are not part of the Beta Program.

2 Likes

Ohhhh of course, I read that but completely forgot about it afterwards. Thanks for pointing that out!