Can't have more than one studio instance open at a time

It’s impossible for me to have both of these places open at once. When I open one the other one closes. Please fix this ASAP, it’s seriously damaging my workflow.

11 Likes

Cannot reproduce from studio - I’m on Windows 7.

Does this occur when opening from the website, from the studio homepage, or both?

2 Likes

From the website. I haven’t tried from studio.

2 Likes

Are they team create games? I still can’t reproduce, even when opening from the website – could be an OS issue I guess.

Screenshot_997

1 Like

Yes they are team create

1 Like

I can open two team create places at a time. Are these two places you’re trying to open in the same game?

No. They are totally unrelated.

2 Likes

I can confirm, this happens to me as well. Launching any studio session from the website instead of from studio causes all other windows to close. It’s been this way for me for a long time and very annoying

6 Likes

I have same issue as ColdSmoke. Can open multiple from desktop, but from website it will close my already opened one.

1 Like

I had the same problem earlier this week. [Win10, Studio Version: 0.349.0.229728] The issue seems to be fixed in version [0.350.0.231118] (at least I’m not encountering it anymore).

2 Likes

Can confirm. I just opened a team create and a non-team create game from the website and the studio window I had open previously did not get closed. yay :smiley:

I have lost work by opening places from the site and having it update and close all studio windows without a prompt.

4 Likes

I’m now facing the identical problem in 2021 it simply appeared for no reason at all. It used to run properly yesterday and today I attempted to get into 2 studios, but the other one closes, any idea on how to fix this?

3 Likes

Can reproduce but it only happens when I open Studio from website.

2 Likes

This is happening to me it is really slowing my workflow down, I open a second studio file/place from the website or my desktop and it always closes any studio instances I have open

2 Likes

This is also happening to me. I can’t open 2 instances of ROBLOX studio without it trying to update. Every time I open one place and try to open another, it just closes the other one and updates ROBLOX studio.

2 Likes

Hey I was able to open two studios, but what I noticed is I can only open two places that have been published to ROBLOX. I have a file that is just a .rbxl file and I can’t open that one.

2 Likes

Hey @jeffy_pluto can you try to open two studios through website?

2 Likes

Yes and only from website, not from .rbxl files.

2 Likes

This seems to happen for me for all cases, site, rbxl, anything else causes this bug to occur.

3 Likes