Can't hear any sounds in front of me

On any roblox game, I cannot hear sounds when looking at or near their source. I have to turn anywhere from 15 to 30 degrees to the left or right of the source to be able to hear it.

I do not believe this is a problem with my headphones. I do not experience this problem at all outside of roblox, sounds in front of me play perfectly fine. I’ve reinstalled my headset’s firmware, changed from surround sound to stereo, and turned off auto audio repositioning. Nothing has solved the problem.

I am using the “VIRTUOSO RGB WIRELESS High-Fidelity Gaming Headset” by Corsair, and iCUE as the driver for the headset. I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (most recent). This bug has been happening since I first got the headphones about a month or two ago.

This is represented by the following sketch (since images are required).

The Blue Dot represents me, the pink dot represents the source of the sound. The wheel represents the angle at which I am facing in first person perspective and whether or not I can hear the sound. (Angles in the drawing are not to scale)

Reproduction Steps: Only because they are required.

• Join a roblox game
  • Face towards the source of a sound, see if you can hear it or not.
    (100% reproduction rate for my headset.)
13 Likes

Thank you for reporting this; I’ll look into it. In your diagram, I also notice that the left/right sides seem to be swapped – is that interpretation correct?

5 Likes

No. When facing towards the sound I hear nothing, however when i turn away after about 15-30 degrees the sound begins to fade in, towards the correct direction that the sound was coming from. (If I look left from sound, I hear from right). Once I turn about 90 degrees away, the sound is full volume in one ear. Once I start turning further, it fades into both ears until it’s full volume in both ears and I’m facing opposite to the sound.

The diagram shows a specific cutoff point, but it’s more like a fade in/out with the red being the only real cutoff.

1 Like

Ah I see; understood. I’m investigating

5 Likes

Could it be you are wearing your headphones the wrong way? I know it sounds stupid, but when I first got my headphones I thought I was wearing them the right way but the sound was backwards like this. All I had to do was flip them around and they work fine now.

1 Like

I’m certain. The mic only goes one way and that’s the correct direction. Also, this ONLY occurs for me in roblox games, every other game I play is just fine and I don’t have any issues. That’s how I narrowed it down to an engine bug.

2 Likes

This is happening to me aswell, I can hear sounds only on the right or left of the camera. And if I come near my character with the camera, I can hear the audio distorted and teared. This bug happened to me like 1 or 2 weeks ago, before I could hear everything perfectly. Having the source attached to the character’s HumanoidRootPart makes it literally unhearable.

Edit: While in Studio, if I make a local test with 2 players I can only hear the other player’s sounds. I’ve asked some friends to join the game to check if I did some audio settings wrong, but they could hear every sound perfectly.

Headset: Beexcellent GM-7 Stereo Surround

1 Like

Having the exact same issue. My headphones are wireless but when I plug in my wired headphones into the aux port those work completely fine. When I go back to my wireless headphones the bug is back.

(Not to say the problem is due to it being wireless. I doubt this is a problem with my headset as @Alvise1309 is having the exact same problem on different headphones and a different OS.)

Semi related to ROBLOX: if this is happening to you all the time in other games besides ROBLOX there are different spatial sound modes on your headset and most other headsets, which to my knowledge can be changed on windows/macOS devices.

Is your headset surround sound?

No, as I noted in the OP it ONLY happens in roblox. Nothing else.

Yes, but as noted in the OP the bug happens in surround sound and stereo modes.

Next time before asking a question please make sure it’s not already answered in the OP.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

3 Likes

Don’t know what you guys did, but the issue now seems fixed for me. Thanks for the swift response!

1 Like

awesome. When there is more info i will pass it on

3 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.