Cant interact with buttons

I would love to report this as a studio bug, but I can not.
For the past couple of days I have been having issues with the GUI buttons in my studio files not working
Below is a video:

This button is created by the following code:

local Button = Instance.new("TextButton")
		Button.Text = "Skip Team"
		Button.Size = UDim2.fromScale(0.1, 0.1)
		Button.AnchorPoint = Vector2.new(1, 1)
		Button.Position = UDim2.fromScale(1, 1)
		Button.Parent = TeamPicker.Station

Button.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
			TeamPicker.Visible = false
		end)

And as a side note: Not even hover effects are working, I have all beta features disabled, and this has been persistent over multiple days, PC restarts, studio updates, etc.

2 Likes

Oh boy it gets better, it works fine in the published place under my group (but not its studio)
But my local testing game is broken
The GUIs have not been touched between either places, they are the exact same and built by RoJo
Can someone please report this bug for me, because I can not.

2 Likes

It could be potential of layering and zindex and try checking connect functions

I have tried all of what is listed, and like I said even the default roblox hover effects are not responding either, it is as if my mouse doesn’t exist to the UI…

And the provided code snippet should work fine if you try it in your own studio.

For you, you might have to reinstall studio as there can be corrupt files or as again tell someone to report the but for you but try that if you haven’t already yet

I do not know anyone that can post bug reports which is why I made this topic, also because the symptoms are spreading to the player I am wondering if a reinstall will fix it. Of course I will try reinstalling but I wanted to get all the info I can on the bug first so hopefully anyone in the future can resolve it for themselves, or so Roblox can actually fix it.

Roblox is a play test game. Different players can have VERY different results and bugs can vary like let’s persay I didn’t maybe get the bug but you got it. So try reinstall first who knows

Yeah, it has also persisted through updates which is interesting, either way I just wanted to have it documented for anyone in the future, or to see if there was a better solution because reinstalling is always a pain.

Check your GUI frames and see if any of them have the Active property. This property makes it impossible for the mouse to interact with other parts of the GUI that do not have priority (ZIndex).

All of them are active yes, I have tried all the obvious debug steps, and also as seen in the second video I provided it works fine in one place but not the other, even though they are near identical copies. The only difference being a tool I was working on hoping I could test it without worrying about the bug, but the bug has prevented me from testing it.

So what is the exact bug case here with the GUI or anything

Try disabling the Active property and see if that works.

Have already tried that as well.

The bug is just the fact that I can’t interact in any way with the TextButtons, its super interesting to me because like I mentioned above, it works fine in the Roblox player version of the actually published game, however everywhere else including that games studio it does not. I will try reinstalling soon and see if that helps at all, but it persisted from studio to player before so we will see.

It works in the live game, but not in the correct studio? Maybe I would do what the other reviewer recommended. Try reinstalling the studio, maybe there is something wrong. But after running the game, go to Players > Your player > PlayerGui and check again the frames that have Active on and off. Then, click on the ScreenGui that has the start buttons and check if the DisplayOrder is the highest, if not, increase it. If you only use a ScreenGui, mark the button frame as Active and change the ZIndex to the largest possible.

UI settings: Double-check the properties of the TextButtons. Make sure the Visible property is true, and the Selectable and Enabled properties are also set correctly to allow interaction.

If not then you might try running Roblox studio as an administrator if possible, or again reinstall is the first option to mind but it’s painful

So it is kinda complicated the cases where it is broken and not:
I am going to define three games quickly:

• Published Game
  • Testing Place
  • Local File

In all three studios the GUI does not work at all. In the published game playing from the website works fine. In the testing place, playing from the website does not work fine.
The studio of the published game was published while I was experiencing this bug in studio.

I have already checked these properties in play testing and using Adonis :dex in game, all are normal.

Bro you gotta reinstall studio because your files are corrupt like chicken burger maybe for the UI settings lol

Yeah I am currently reinstalling it, this is such a bizarre issue which is why I posted this in the first place.