Can't join games "There was a problem receiving data"

Whenever I join a any game it comes up as an error that says “There was a problem receiving your data, please reconnect (error code: 206)”

I’ve tried these :

• Restarting ROBLOX
  • Rejoining the game
  • Logging out & In
  • Reinstalling ROBLOX

Nothing seem to work sadly so I’m here to ask for your help, thank you.

Log
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/there-was-a-problem-receiving-your-data-please-reconnect/667063

Picture of the error

1 Like

Try restarting your router and see if that helps.

1 Like

And you turned your computer off and on as well? 9 times out of 10 turning your computer off and on again fixes problems.

I know, I know. It sounds like the typical joke. But I took classes for computer repair. And turning it off and on fixed it almost every time.

I have fixed a lot of laptops by taking it’s battery and putting it again to the right place.

2 Likes

There could be an issue with your computer.

I had a similar issue before and it had to with my graphics.

Try updating your drivers and see if your computer is even compatible for Roblox.

If this doesn’t work, try the things MrLonely has recommended :wink: GOOD LUCK

Is your internet connection good enough?

It may be something with your Internet or a Router. @VitroxVox try this:
Restarting your router.
Resetting your router.
Installing Roblox from Microsoft Store if you’re Windows User.
Buying internet from better company (this error may be caused by having not too good internet connection).
Reinstalling Roblox again.
Restarting your PC again.

And especially this:

It may help.

I wasn’t talking about my internet connection. I mean that when your laptop for example freezes and goes black screen or something taking it’s battery may help when nothing does.

1 Like

Sorry, my reply was wrong. Meant to reply to VitroxVox.

Sorry for the late response saldy none of the suggestions worked but thank you all for taking time trying to help me I greatly appreciate it! I’ve taken this to roblox customer support and they’re investigating.

The error from the log indicates a possible corruption in the stream of data coming in both from the game server and from asset servers. This may indicate an issue somewhere on the network path (e.g. router in your home, your internet service provider, etc).

2 Likes

Regarding this issue I’ve been in contact with Roblox for the past weeks to resolve this issue I’ve tried several method’s and fix types that didn’t work for me , of course it could work for anyone else and it if it doesn’t you don’t need a new method , sadly all of these methods, suggestions didn’t work for me so I had to think about other things as well and coming back to Roblox saying “Firewall Problem” well it most certainly is I’ve added Roblox’s port’s and addresses to my router but it didn’t fix so I’ve tried to add these to my Firewall and it works now, If I have any update on this I’ll keep you guys update other than that I’ll show you how I’ve done it:

Tutorial
1.Windows key + s or just click on your search bar it’s on your taskbar.
2. Search for "Firewall"

3.** Click on “Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security” **
4. Find & Click on "Inbound Rules"
5. Click on “New Rule” in "Inbound Rules"
6. In the menu it prompted up select "Port"

7. Set the rule type to "UDP"
8. Set the port type to “Specific local ports” and type in “49152-65535” (also you can do these separately like add two new rules with one being “49152” and the other being “65535” but this is easier / not a waste of space.)
9. Leave it at default and click "Next"

10. Same goes to this leave it at default and click "Next"

11 (Final step). You can name it whatever then click “Finish” and you’re done!

4 Likes