Can't join VIP servers because of Error Code 524 "You do not have permission to join this game"

Hello, first post here, apologies if I’ve got something wrong.

Anyways, for the past few weeks, I’ve not been able to join VIP servers, even though I’m invited to them.

It shows up with a message that says “Error Code 524: You do not have permission to join this game”.

It’s a really weird problem, everyone except me can join the VIP server normally using the link.

As I said, it even happens if I’m invited to the server, when I click Join on a VIP server it’s still not working.

The problem persists through multiple accounts, and the specific VIP server I’m trying to join is not at fault.

Privacy settings about “Who is allowed to invite me to VIP servers” is set to Everyone, if you’re wondering.

Reproduction is not that difficult, you just have to join a VIP server, it happens 50% of the time. Here is a reproduction video, and screenshot of the error message on Imgur. hhhhh yes uh idk - Album on Imgur

It’s certainly not a network problem, as other computers in my house can join these servers normally without hassle.

Contacted ROBLOX Support about this also, no reply after three days.

I can provide a log file that ROBLOX dumped out after it happened once, if you really want it.

Basic system specifications:
Windows 10 Home
Intel i3-7100
GTX 960
8GB DDR4

If you can please and please help me solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT:Update to the current situation. There is no longer an error message, just an empty screen with a stationary ROBLOX logo. It has also started happening to public servers. The log still says something about “GameStartUnauthorized” though, so I’d like you guys to look into this issue

EDIT 2: Reproduction video number 2, this time I press the Join button instead of joining through the link.

8 Likes

Try joining through the server tab that’s what I do

It doesn’t work through the server tab also. This is beginning to irritate me alot. But I appreciate your efforts to help.

Had an issue joining VIP servers, with just a roblox logo above.
Like:

1 Like

I still have this issue.
And it’s on-going when joining a friend on a VIP server, that I do not own.

1 Like

Is this occurring on every game or is it just one specific one?

This is occurring on every game. Like I said in the post, this specific VIP server is not at fault.

2 Likes

Something peculiar I learned about this bug yesterday, is that it starts to occur after 3:50PM my local time, and stops at maybe 12 hours later after that.

Before that, I can join VIP servers perfectly fine. But after that, I can’t even join anything at all. Only the “Play” button works. (Sometimes joining my friends works, but only if they’re in a public server, and only then it sometimes works.)

1 Like

What games have you tried this so far?

Basically all of the Ultimate Driving games, MMC Project Zombies, ROOM, Arsenal, Murder, and Midnight Racing Tokyo are some of the games that this bug has happened to me.
UD Westover Islands: 🌟2X🌟 Ultimate Driving - Roblox
UD Odessa: Ultimate Driving: Odessa - Roblox
UD Delancy Gorge: Ultimate Driving: Delancy Gorge - Roblox
UD Currituck: FORMER UD: Currituck - Roblox
UD Monroe: FORMER UD: Monroe - Roblox
Arsenal: Arsenal - Roblox
Murder: MURDER - Roblox
ROOM: RooM ★ | V2.03.9 - Roblox
MMC Zombies Project: MMC Zombies Project - Roblox
Midnight Racing Tokyo: [NEW CAR!] Midnight Racing: Tokyo - Roblox

This problem seems to have fixed itself, and I don’t know why, but I am grateful for any help offered to me, and it is solved now. Thank you very much.

UPDATE Apr 12 2020: It has started to happen again. I recommend turning on a VPN to join ROBLOX (and keeping it on when you play ROBLOX), that seems to fix the problem temporarily.

Note that this screen shows up on any servers you do not have premission to join. (From what ive seen)

Seems to be an issue with Australian Servers.
If I join a VIP server first, my American Friend cannot join.
If my American friend joins first, then I can join.

1 Like

I live in South Korea, and it doesn’t seem to work from 10AM onwards, which coincides with online class.

Now, why would the government block access to SPECIFICALLY vip servers? I don’t really know. But this is particularly weird. Everytime I want to join my friends in any sort of vip server now, I have to turn on the VPN, which is pretty annoying if you tell me.

1 Like

It’s also been happening to me but for some reason, I can’t join any game without getting the error I have to manually go to a free server via the server list and for one player games I’m pretty much screwed

1 Like

Yup, I have to do the samething sadly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.