Can't modify contents of folder for seemingly no reason?

Heyo. I got a folder that has some IntValues n NumberValues n StringValues… nothing interesting.The weird part is that I can not modify these values with any script?

I have a custom admin commands script that you can add, set, or subtract someone’s coins with. I should probably give context first. The folder is a clone of another folder added to the player via a script in ServerScriptService. Anyway, yeah, the command doesn’t work, and I know for a fact there are no problems with my code- I used prints to keep me tracked, no errors, I know it’s right but it just doesn’t want to modify the value.

Furthermore, I have a simpler script in ServerScriptService (server sided) that simply adds one to your TimesJoined value every time you join the game. this doesnt work either. And yes, I’m doing TmesJoined.Value, not just TimesJoined.

I think the error might be in how the folder is placed into the player but then again that doesn’t make sense, considering I can’t just put them in StarterPlayer… Any solutions?

(The reason i’m not doing instance.new is because there’s a datastore and there’s like, 60 items, which would be simply tedious)

Please post the script and a screenshot of the way your Explorer hierarchy is set up.

*since then modified the way the folders are set up. they are cloned into replicatedstorage for each player but still does not work
Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.36.25 PM

plrs.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	local globalstats = game.ReplicatedStorage.PlayerStats:WaitForChild(plr.Name):WaitForChild("globalstats")
	local tj = globalstats:WaitForChild("TimesJoined")
	tj.Value = tj.Value + 1
end)```

Have you tried print(tj) each time the player joins in the PlayerAdded

plrs.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	local globalstats = game.ReplicatedStorage.PlayerStats:WaitForChild(plr.Name):WaitForChild("globalstats")
	local tj = globalstats:WaitForChild("TimesJoined")
    print(tj)
	tj.Value = tj.Value + 1
end)

And then joining and leaving multiple times in a Roblox Server? Doing this in Studio won’t change your stats as far as I know.