Cant Move Models and They have an orange Outline Instead of blue

I was going to make some models for a game that I am working on,
But when I tried to move models they wouldn’t move and I don’t have constraints or join surfaces on. They also appear to have an orange outline around the model instead of blue.

I have My rotation at 5.625 and Move at .125. Those move and rotations have worked for the past 3 days so i don’t know why that would be the problem.

It also lets me select all the move types at once such as move, select, scale and rotate.

1 Like

All the move options in the screenshot appear to be active at the same time, try turning some off. I have no idea what else could be causing it. And if this doesn’t help, try using a plugin like btools to move it.

Sometimes when parts are anchored studio won’t let you move them, so unanchor them and see if that works

Are you still having this problem?

• Does the problem happen every time you open studio, or it sometimes work and sometimes break?
  • If you look in the Plugins tab, is the Align Tool selected?
  • If you activate it and deactivate the Align Tool, does the selection box remain orange?
  • If you go into your studio settings and change “Active Color” to some other color, does the color of the orange selection boxes change?
3 Likes

Hey, so I’m having that same orange outline issue at 10:54 a.m. est currently.

Instead, I can actually move it while the other person cannot. I checked over the plugin aligns and settings that nothing was changed or added on. Possible individual bug?

1 Like

Having a similar issue. Mine is just (among other movement issues) constantly trying to drag a selection box whenever I click anywhere.

Here’s a video sorry for the compression but I hope it shows the issue.

1 Like

Do you have an XBox controller plugged in?

There is a fix for this coming out in the September 30th release. In the meantime, if you unplug it this will stop happening.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem as everyone else this just started happening like about 10 minutes ago after I updated my studio. image

EDIT: I don’t have an xbox in my house and I dont have any controller connected.

Same thing is happening to me, nothing I do reverses it. I have no Xbox controller and I’ve restarted studio multiple times. I’m also unable to use Lua Draggers and there is a small orange dot in the top left corner of the edit screen.

Update: Using F3X seems to work still, it’s a problem with the default select / move / rotate / scale tools.

Using F3X also appears to work still, so I recommend just using it for the time being.

The issues with the orange highlight should be fixed now, please let me know if you’re still seeing it.

2 Likes

Do I need to update my studio?

1 Like

You don’t have to update studio, but you do have to restart it.

2 Likes

I dont see any orange lines anymore thank you for fixing it :+1:

1 Like

I’m still having the same problem but the orange outline is gone, i don’t have any controller connected.
It only happens to me in some games, unfortunately they are important.

Also i can’t open/close toolbox and the terrain editor.

I can’t see the default plugins

Plugins

And this is the mouse icon, but I don’t remember that icon as default

Yes, this seems like a different problem. It does not look like something specific to my Lua Dragger changes, I’ve tried to forward it to the right people to investigate.

For context, do any plugins work? (like, community plugins installed via the Toolbox)

3 Likes

I don’t have the issue anymore.
I just disabled all the community plugins and restarted roblox studio.
it’s fixed.
By the way, the plugins were working when i has the problem (community plugins)

1 Like

Thanks, was indeed because of the xbox controller

I was having this problem yesterday. For me, the bug happens every now and then, the only help I have for you is to restart your computer, re-install Studio or close and open Studio. If you have any sketchy plugins or things like that you should remove them.

By the way, we are fixing this in the next Studio release, so you will be able to continue having your XBox controller plugged in long term.

3 Likes