Can't Move Parts On Rig In Animation Editor

I’m new to animation and have quickly encountered the problem of not being able to move parts on my rig. Selecting the move tool or pressing 2 causes my animation editor to be deselected, help much appreciated.
https://gyazo.com/ffd24e849f1a1b0df8ea63761119931f

3 Likes

Ok didn’t realise that moving parts off the animation editor and then clicking back on works fine. Although this is quite annoying as I can’t see the rig being updated as I adjust the position of parts so I’ll have to swap between them and make some guesses(?)

3 Likes

Ok turns out this didn’t do anything, only moving where the animation was happening on the rig. Ah?! Post still open

2 Likes

Hey! I encountered the same problem today and this is most definitely a bug so I’d recommend you changing the channel to Bug Reports.

Well I did found something on the mater tho! It seems trying to move parts on a rig from an old place that I’ve created works just fine, but when I tried it in a newly created one, seems to just deselect the animation editor.

I’ve done some digging on the matter before viewing this and I found out this problem happend before like this topic for example which was caused by Material Service beta.

Edit : I know I am 16 days late, but the issue is still going so… I’d recommend you create a new topic regarding to this matter If an admin never replied to this topic or any other topics regarding to this issue.

1 Like

Experiencing the same thing and it’s very frustrating

Roblox should write more tests.

1 Like