Can't move the camera in blender

I have the same issue as this post yet pressing SHIFT + F doesn’t do anything for me.

2 Likes

wdym by camera?

this one?

Yes, as shown in the post (sorry for not clarifying)

If I remember correctly, 0 on the number pad should toggle camera view, and then use Shift + F. Then, you can use WASD to move.

Edit: As @BigNose_kid said, you might need to setup the shortcut first.

yes it is 0, i never heard then use shift + f but yeah, 0 is to toggle the camera into your view

1 Like

As I’ve said that has no effect

Have you toggled camera view with 0?

Edit:

Possibly, I’m on 2.83.

Yeah I already knew how to do that, and of course I tried it after I toggled the camera view. That may be on an older version of blender? I’m blender 2.9

view > navigation > walk navigation.
fly nav is weird and hard to control for me!
you can chose fly nav if you want idk.

Sorry i don’t use shortcuts LOL they are so much for blender. but ye photoshop’s are fine!

1 Like

@EpicCheatCodes @brees_lovely
My dear people you first need to enable/setup the shortcut first
Edit >preferences > keymap > name > search fly and then set it up to whatever key you want.
Ok I forgot after that I will complete it in the morning :upside_down_face:

1 Like

To move the camera in blender, simply hold the middle mouse button and move your mouse to rotate the camera.

no you dont when i got blender onto my PC it was already set up

Well the premade shortcuts are different for different servers (basically it depends on the server /Country) like for me it was Shift + ~ (UK servers) so it can be possible that you did reset it and then forgot as many the GFX tutorials do mention to change it to Shift + F

or the rig/blender file you’re using had done it for you.

Or it just is default Shift + F for majority (USA servers)

i am not arguing i am just trying to explain the reason i said you need to set it up so that Shift + F starts working for you

I had the same problem. Unfortunately, the new default shortcut to move the camera is
SHIFT + `

Luckily, you can change the shortcut by going to:
Edit > Preferences > Keymap > Search "View Navigation (Walk/Fly)"

blender2

And from there, you can configure the shortcut to your liking.!

3 Likes