Can't play games, "Update graphics drivers" [Fixed]

After I updated Roblox to the latest version, I get this message every time i try to go in a game.

I made sure my graphics drivers are up to date, even updated them and re-tried. I have the latest windows 10 pro as well…

This happens ALL the time ever since the update today (9/25/2019)

Edit: I do realize it says Driver date 9/5/2018, though i did an update scan and it downloaded and update and now i’m at that version… ?

• I just tried using the Roblox windows 10 app, playing games using that works just fine, its just the roblox player that’s having issues.

• My graphics settings in studio are set to automatic.

I appreciate all the posts made so far, however this is not an issue with my computer, I only made this post to inform the engineers of this.

11 Likes

Are you sure you don’t have one that roblox doesn’t support?

1 Like

weird
try to change your settings to default

1 Like

Try downloading GeForce Experience and installing the latest driver.

4 Likes

Have you tried restarting your computer? happened to me once on a 1060TI and a restart solved it.

1 Like

I’ve updated the OP to include a little more information.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know I was previously doing it via Device Manager and it didn’t really give me the latest version…

Although using GeForce Experience has updated my driver to the latest 2019 update, the error message still shows up.

Did you rewrite your old drivers when installing the new ones? That will change all settings back to default.

Try reinstalling Roblox. But delete everything from it, even the cache in %AppData%. Not sure if it will help you, but it helped me in the past.

After further investigation, it appears that Roblox had trouble downloading the shader files so it skipped over it, causing the client to error when launching.

Details have been sent to Roblox engineers and after doing a full clean re-install and updating my graphics drivers the client now works again.

Thanks for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.