Can't reach roblox servers problem [ANDROID]

Okay, so Idk what else to do concerning this topic or what other way I could use to reach Roblox staff, but this problem has been going on for months and its getting annoying.

Everytime I Open Roblox on my phone, it just completely begins glitching. First of all, it takes ages to load. Second, It keeps erroring (Connection Error: Can’t reach our servers). The games take forever to load. So does the app.

Funny thing, is that my device is pretty conpatible for roblox and is pretty new. All the other games and apps work just perfectly fine. My Internet is fast. (11.85 Mbps of Download speed to be exact.)

I USE the same wifi to play roblox on my laptop, it works amazingly well! I use the same wifi to play roblox on another phone, and it works really nicely! Heck, Roblox even loads on my VR headset faster than my phone! So what’s the error and what should I do.

I’ve tried uninstalling the app, logging out of my profile, rebooting my phone, clearing Roblox’s cache, checking for updates, restarting my wifi. Nothing seems to work.

This is really irritating.
So if anyone has feedback or suggestions on how I can fix this, please dont be bothered to write them down on the post! :relaxed::raised_hands:

When exactly did you first experience this issue?

Like months ago. Like probably seven months ago.

Have you perhaps tried using a different Wi-Fi network?

I only have one wifi netowrk inside my house lol. Also, the problem is the app itself. Like when i get to join the game, it is perfectly playable. Nothing lags and nothing glitches. For some reason its the app that is loading slowly, and has some issues.

Maybe should you have listed this post in #bug-reports:engine-bugs .

Someone appears to be experiencing a similar issue. (Android) Connection error: Unable to contact server, intrusive popups despite functioning connection - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

Yes, Ive seen this post! I request to join the group so Id be able of posting my bug in that category.

Hello, please check if the application is up to date. It would be best to restart your device if you haven’t already done so. If the issue persists, try installing and reinstalling Roblox. If the problem continues, it could be due to a script issue in your application that is not functioning properly. Normally, you should have done a mandatory update in the last 7 months. If you have already done so, it would be best to contact a Roblox technician for bug reports, or contact Roblox support to resolve the error. The issue may persist due to a faulty script or malfunction, Roblox technicians will be able to check and resolve the issue. :slight_smile:

Ive done everything u listed! The only thingn that Is left to do Is to somehow reach the roblox staff! Hopefully, they’ll see this post and somehow fix it!