Can't rotate camera with trackpad on MacBook

hi! so I was going to make a new baseplate so I can test out the plugins I bought but then I have a camera issue. I can’t rotate/turn my camera.

I can move the camera freely with WASD keys, but I can’t rotate my camera. I have a MacOS Catalina 10.15.4, and it happened when I downloaded Roblox + Roblox Studio after i have a new MacBook (Catalina)

Now the thing is, my old laptop (Windows) I can easily turn the camera with the right mouse button, but with my new Macbook I can’t. It’ll just drag/create a square thingy just like the left mouse button. I can only rotate with [,] [.] keys. Swiping with two fingers doesn’t really help at all lol

Am I missing something??

(please excuse my hands lol)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gbhV2FwZxKIZxt0mVvvIYsN-WlzEOagl/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: I am so dumb omg but I figured it out! I have to press control + right click to move my camera AHHHH DX I really appreciate the help guys, so please excuse my dumbness lol

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue like this, I use the same macOS version, but here are some possible solutions;

• Try restarting studio, it may have been a temporary problem.

• Hold your trackpad with two fingers pressing down.

• Try reinstalling studio and see if that does anything.

Also I recommend you use a mouse when you’re in studio, it preforms better than the trackpad.

4 Likes

Use two fingers and push down on the trackpad until you click and you’ll be able to move the camera freely. Only using two fingers and moving will zoom you in and out.

6 Likes

MacOS has right click disabled by default, so Studio won’t register it.

You have to go to System Preferences > Trackpad, under Point & Click you enable Secondary click, then set it to Click in bottom right corner.

1 Like

You need to place both fingers on the trackpad and they need to be close enough to each other in order for the trackpad to register it as a right click. you can also hold the control key while clicking to trigger a right click.
You may want to adjust some of the trackpad settings in System Preferences > Trackpad. The only trackpad options that could affect this are in the Point & Click tab.

I personally use a mouse with Roblox Studio because I find it easier and more comfortable to use than a trackpad.

1 Like

OK GUYS I figured it out lol

I have to press control + left click to truly rotate the camera in studio…im so dumb LOLOLLO

Thank you guys for trying to help me! I’m new to MacOS and for me to figuring it out just because of one key button is…AHHHHHH DX
I really appreciated it…thank you all and hopefully you guys won’t facepalm because of my stupidity LOL

1 Like

I was literally JUST about to say that! Nice!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.