Can't scroll on Roblox website

I can’t scroll anywhere on the main Roblox website. Using Chrome 57.0.2987.133 on Windows 10 (Pro). I started noticing this yesterday. Works on Microsoft Edge. I am using a Surface Pro 4.

Edit: For clarification, this is scrolling with a middle mouse button, or two finger track pad. Using the arrow keys or clicking and dragging the scroll bar still work.

3 Likes

Also using Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro and am not experiencing the issue. Is this only happening on certain pages for you? Have you tried disabling your extensions? Have you tried restarting Chrome?

It’s happening on every page on the Roblox website only. I am using a Surface Pro 4 (will add to OP). I’ll try restarting and disabling extensions.

Extensions didn’t do anything. However, I restarted chrome and now it just seems to break sporadically.

Scrolling on Roblox has been breaking on and off at random for me as well, along with other people - at random times and on random pages. I’m on Chrome and a Windows 10 PC. Using the browser scroll bar or pressing the middle mouse button works, but rolling the mouse wheel does not work when this happens.

It’s not broken for me at the moment, but I’ve been getting this issue randomly over the past few days. Probably related to the other website troubles they’re having.

I updated OP to clarify this.

This was happening to me yesterday and was starting to annoy me - I would have to navigate to a new page or open a new window to continue scrolling.

End game I just went to do something else.

This was happening to me on websites other than Roblox yesterday. Chrome bug?

This happened to me on a lot of other web pages as well. I think it’s caused by Chrome itself.

Yeah, Twitter wasn’t letting me scroll either.

This was happening for me too, but only on Roblox. It would be fine, and then break again, then be fine.

I haven’t been having issues with Roblox but I have been having issues with Twitter.

I’ve had this issue with Chrome for a few weeks now. I figured it was a mouse issue since I got a new mouse, but the issue only happens within Chrome.

So yeah, I think this might be a Chrome bug (if we’re experiencing the same thing). Sometimes restarting Chrome works, and other times I have to re-log into my Windows account.

Confirmed bug since Chrome 57

Here is a temporary workaround they have found that appears to fix the issue: Open chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling in Chrome and set the Smooth Scrolling flag to DISABLED then at the bottom of the page press Relaunch Now. This will close all chrome windows and reopen them.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/camZVtTiGyo;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/category$3ABeta|sort:relevance|spell:false

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.