Can't See Or Fix Studio Output Tab

Before you delete my post, I couldn’t put it in any other more relevant category. Before you tell me to look for answers, I just spent an hour trying to solve this and/or find answers here and on the hub which is outrageous considering how basic this flaw is.

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to be able to see the output tab in Roblox studio.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Can’t open output, it is shown as open but you can’t see it on the screen. There is no way to click and drag the window. There is no way to reset it’s position. I tried toggling the output over and over and it is stuck. Right clicking the output button does not provide further options. I dug through the Studio settings and there is NOTHING relevant to this.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Open/close output does nothing. There is no option to reset it’s position. There is no answers on this website or developer hub. The only advice I have found is to wipe all studio settings and that is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD. There must be another solution. I am losing hairs and brain cells over this. It should not be difficult to fix something SO EASY and CORE to Roblox development.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Drag output off screen (personally, I dragged it downward, past the taskbar)
  2. Lose mind trying to get it back

Edit: I changed my windows settings to hide the taskbar so I could reach the output. This worked, but this is not a good solution and Roblox ought to fix this.

PS: Please keep this post viewable so that future user’s can refer to it for fixing their Studio tabs.

3 Likes

Reinstall Roblox Studio maybe?

1 Like

Try closing studio and reopening it again. It worked for me.

1 Like

Have you gone into full screen (F11) or temporarily turned off your taskbar? If you still can’t see output, run your mouse along the bottom of the screen until you see your mouse icon change, click and drag upwards. If you can’t get anything to work, do like was said before, reinstall Roblox Studio.

2 Likes

yeah like @NicoleSydor said, going into fullscreen and maybe going out of it again may help. idrk what you mean by can’t see the output tab, but if fullscreen doesn’t work, reinstall studio. shouldn’t be a problem

A little late on my part, but I did mention in the OP that I did disable the taskbar to fix the issue. I don’t think this is a reliable solution for other users, neither is reinstalling. It is extremely easy to drag a window down past the taskbar and I think there should be a simple way to reset the window; e.g. by toggling said window.

Simple things like this are what set other development software apart from Roblox Studio. It is a frustrating software to use because there are a large number of ways that you can accidently hinder the flow of development.

In any case, thank you all for attempting to help.

1 Like

I had same issue so frustrating!
Clicking the “Terrain Editor” icon brought Output back for me. 4th icon on the bottom row

3 Likes

I had the samme issue. I went in the studio settings and scrolled down on the “Studio” tab until I found the Output category. I changed the Output Layout Mode to Vertical and then restarted Studio. Then the output showed up again. I hope that helps.

1 Like

if your on windows, try the following:

1. open settings.
  2. click personalization
  3. click taskbar
  4. click automatically hide taskbar

you should be able to see and drag the output now.

Did you read the entire OP and/or the thread before commenting? Not only has it been over a year, others have suggested this and I literally put in the OP and in the thread that I already used this method to get the Output back. I’m not trying to be rude, it’s best to check if your solution has already been tried before suggesting it.

Roblox should add a method to restore all windows to their default positions. I regularly configure all my windows in various positions on my dual monitor setup, and it becomes tedious when dealing with 5-10 script windows and all sorts of Roblox Studio windows such as Explorer, Properties, Output, Terrain Editor, Toolbox, etc. to move them back.

In any case, hiding the toolbar is a good temporary solution but is odd behavior and a work stoppage.

Sorry, i noticed after the fact, i’ll make sure to check next time.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues with my watch window. I usually have it on my second monitor but now that I’m only using my laptop screen it’s completely disappeared. It’s crazy that this hasn’t been addressed for over a year now.

Edit: Using the solution found in this post

1 Like

It’s been over 4 years since the source of your “temporary” solution was given. It blows my mind how much time Roblox does not put into QOL fixes and improvements. They always want to push some new and innovative feature that often times causes more problems than it solves. I’m not saying that I don’t appreciate what they do, I absolutely do appreciate their efforts, but situations like these pile up and cause hours and hours of wasted time for tens of thousands of developers.