Can't seem to get sound to loop

The looped property is set to true while all of the other properties other than the soundid is at default. Yet it is not being looped. The sound is being ‘:play()’ by a script in serverscriptservice with the sound in a folder inside of workspace.

Do I need to put the script inside of workspace for the sound to loop?

First thing
Make the P capital for “:Play()”
And make it “Sound.Looped = true”

Then tell me if it still doesn’t work

1 Like

Still doesn’t seem to loop for me.

Does it shows any errors?
Or just doesn’t work?

No errors. just doesn’t seem to work at all

Can you show us the script, we can’t see what’s wrong with it if you haven’t provided it.

Is the sound in workspace?
Cuz I saw that u can’t hear the music unless its in workspace.

The sound is in workspace but in a folder

The script is a bit lengthy so I only got the portions where the sound is included in.
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.35.47 AM
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.35.23 AM

U are making the folder play not the Sound instance

No, it still plays. Its just not looped.
heres workspace btw
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.38.19 AM

I mean
U forgot to make a variable for the sound you just made for the folder take a look.

This is not the issue.

This seems odd. Could you possibly show a bit more of the code, or upload some sort of repo so I could check out the problem?

maybe the status isn’t changing

sorry about the other post, heres an image form

The issue is occurring because you’re changing the status to InGame the same time you play the sound.

What appears to be exactly one second later, it realizes the status is now InGame and turns off MapMusic and plays LobbyMusic

1 Like

Im sorry, but the issue seems to keep persisting.

The original script has the seconds set to value to 1 minute and 30 seconds. If it were 1 second later, the stop() would have stopped the music, not stopping it from looping.

I placed the play() before it changed the status to ingame yet it is still not looping.

I placed a script with only script.Parent.MapMusic:Play() on it inside of workspace, yet it is still not looping. even with all of the requirements for it to loop.

May just be a studio bug. I can find ways to get around this issue

gosh im sorry for bothering you

It’s not looping because you’re calling :Stop() on the sound in the original script, still