Can't sell my gamepasses

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/681218055/Greek-Buildings-Visual-Pack

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/653022393/Futuristic-Navy-Visual-Pack

Trying to put those two on sale. Wont let me do it. It’s kinda vital I get this ability, since I just released a major update and this is where I’m expecting a ton of income to be coming from in the next few days

3 Likes

you already have 10 gamepasses for sale which is sadly the limit.

However, you can sell those new gamepasses on any other place and it will still work for your place.

1 Like

I have 15 on sale right now. Would’ve been nice to get some sort of warning before I released my update.

On the same place though?

this is what I see on your place linked with the gamepasses in OP

You can sell the new game passes on another place (even in the same universe) and it will work fine.

Yes I have more on sale that don’t show up there. If I upload to another place in the same universe, will it count towards my top earning? I get group funds from gamepasses for the game in a group game, and of course that doesn’t contribute to top earning which I don’t particularly like, that’s why I went back to gamepasses on the main game

I would think it would count if it’s linked to the same universe, not sure though.

It’ll probably count. But this minor inconvenience sucks, it’s bad enough they dont show up on the main page which impacts my sales as I get people that go on a buying spree on the main page.

So I’ll have to have a fourth source of income that I have to keep track of, unless I want to upload it to an existing slot which has all my developer products. So unless I want to have to download a CSV to have any idea how my dev products are doing, I have to open a 4th place just for gamepasses. What a mess. why roblox.

1 Like

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/game-passes-this-is-ridiculous/14393/54

1 Like

That was a long time ago though, and a terrible idea.

4 Likes

frankly I’m super against the idea of discontinuing or deprecating game passes - they typically serve a completely separate purpose from dev products and the two shouldn’t be competing for which one gets more love.

3 Likes

About 90% of my income comes from gamepasses. I suppose I could turn it all into developer products, but there is no reason to because the purpose of a developer product is to sell the same item multiple times. That’s not what I do with anything except currency purchases. Gamepasses offer a guaranteed safe transaction(server crashes right before datastore saves are inevitable, and script errors simply happen) and is beginner scripter friendly.

Not to mention I’m sure some people like their gamepasses showing up on their profile, and I’m certain that a good amount of my sales have come from simply having a sales page on my game page. That’s why I dearly wish I could change the order of my gamepasses. I feel I could raise my income by a noticeable amount if the same gamepasses didn’t show up on the game page over and over again. I might end up stupidly alternating between which gamepasses are on sale and selling it as a developer product when it’s not on sale just so I can keep the online store fresh. Sounds like a pain to have to do.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood why they are planning to remove GamePasses, as @Lilly_S stated they (in 99% of cases) serve a totally different purpose than DevProducts. It isn’t hard to create a GamePass system w/ DevProducts but there isn’t a good enough reason IMO. I can foresee some scripters perhaps making a system where you can potentially purchase the same pass twice - not good.

Back on topic, the Gamepass issue bugs me so much.

It’s always @Alkan who is proposing this and he is always a perfect example for myself.
I stopped purchasing Alkan’s gamepasses because the new ones dont display on the GamePasses tab. I’ve stated in the past why I typically never purchase a gamepass from in-game. In fact, if I find a game that I think I will enjoy and is quality, I will buy the gamepasses before my first visit even.

I never really look at in-game gamepass UI because I’d much prefer to buy the pass on the website. Plus, gamepasses listing on the website for me personally helps me analyze a game. I look at the description, gamepasses, player count, thumbnail, icon, and the thumbs before I play a game for the first time.

Rather than us listing reasons why we should be able to sell unlimited gamepasses (which we’ve done plenty of times), could a ROBLOX Staff member possibly elaborate on why exactly we are stuck with this limit?..

3 Likes

I like your reasoning for why gamepasses should be kept, though I really dislike the fact that there are two types of ways people can buy things like that in games as there would be two different ways you’d need to code things in your game while it could be just one.

Why not have a new property for developer products where once they are made you choose if they can be purchased more then once or not, if not then they will act as if they are gamepasses and would be displayed in the game’s store.

I believe that would work really well that way people don’t have to learn two different ways [ gamepasses and developer products ] while they could just check a property of the developer product.

3 Likes

I think this would be a proper solution:

4 Likes

Exactly what I meant :slight_smile:

yes pls <3

2 Likes