Can't set PlayerGui.SelectionImageObject

I’ve been setting PlayerGui.SelectionImageObject to an invisible frame for a while now and used my own custom gamepad cursor selection methods. However, I can no longer set PlayerGui.SelectionImageObject. It doesn’t error, it just doesn’t do anything.

Repro (gamepad required - hit select to highlight the button):
SelectionImageObject repro.rbxl (13.2 KB)

The blue selection frame should become invisible, as it is replaced with a new frame - it does not, however.

1 Like

pls look into this roblox

Bump, I’m having the same issue.

I’ll look into this, thanks

It appears to be working again for setting the SelectionImageObject of a GuiObject.

But I have a question since I’ve never used this property prior to encountering this bug: if you set the SelectionImageObject of the PlayerGui, does it use that image for all descendants? If that’s how it’s supposed to work, then that part is still broken.

Can confirm this does not work. Having to recurse through all my GuiObjects and set this now…

This is still an issue.

Still a problem, and it really irks me how it makes my UI look unprofessional for gamepad users.

I’ll check it out. I think I might be the one that broke it in the first place.

Submitted a fix for this just now. If all goes well, this should be live next week.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been fixed yet…

Sorry, looks like I misjudged our release schedule. You should be able to expect this in the first release of 2017.

Alright! Looking forward to it.

1 Like