Can't start Roblox Studio due to missing DLL

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
    Whenever I try and start Roblox Studio, I get prompted with the following popup about MSVCP110.dll missing, 4 times, after which the loading window closes without ever opening Roblox Studio.
    ef370472e6561f5fd4aaf5033d52f4b7d802957e.png

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
    I’ve tried a couple times (3-4 so far), and it’s happened at a 100% rate.
    The issue hasn’t occoured on my desktop, and it only occours at my laptop.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
    I’m using the production Roblox Studio, as reinstalled from the main/www domain.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
    Refer to first point about ‘Describe the bug’.

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
    It’s a recent issue as of at most 2-4 weeks old.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
    I use a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M version 21.21.13.7654. The processor is an Intel(R) Core™ i7-4710HQ CPU with 2.50GHz.

So I’m guessing this folder doesnt have it for you?

AFAIK the microsoft visual C++ dll’s come with the installer which then unpacks them into that folder.
AFAIK they are also redistributed and reinstalled on every update, so if you just updated roblox normally, it might have failed to update that particular dll for you for some reason.

Only solution tbh is to reinstall.

I have tried reinstalling, which did not work.
Yes, those DLLs are missing.
Roblox Player version: version-29af4e59992d47ba

Roblox Studio version: version-1399ac997dcf41b9

1 Like

This is pretty interesting because I just updated studio, and I don’t have it anymore either.
However studio still launches fine for me :scream:

Just to make sure, you can still play games, it’s just Studio that doesn’t launch?

3 Likes

Just confirmed, I am able to play games.

1 Like

Ok cool. One Studio rollback coming right up.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now

1 Like

Did someone accidentally delete files xD

2 Likes

no they didn’t deploy the installer zip files correctly.

2 Likes

I’m getting errors about Qt5 dlls missing in both Studio/Client. If I close out of all of them, I can play the game / use Studio just fine though.

List of error popups
Client install folder:
I've tried re-installing multiple times to no avail.
3 Likes

It is vrmonitor that is complaining.

Qt5 isn’t in the game client.

Perhaps you need to update steam to fix any steam vr issues.

2 Likes

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks!

1 Like

Something like this happened on my old computers when I was in like 5th or 6th grade. ROBLOX wouldn’t start (games or studio) since some file was missing even though it worked fine beforehand. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.