Cant type in 2FA auth code without duplicating text

I’m just going to cut to the point here: you can’t type in the 6 digit 2fa code on iOS. I tested this on my iPad Pro and iPhone 11 but kept encountering the same issue. When I tried to type in the code it randomly duplicates the text.

I only started to notice this bug today when attempting to sign into my account on my phone. It has been occurring for YEARS with textlabels where you type something in

This bug happens on the 2 step auth screen after entering a password on mobile. I’m not 100% sure if it’s on android someone can say so in the comments but I don’t have an android device so :confused:

What it looks like

Repro:

1. Enter a successful password on iOS devices in app
  2. Try to enter your auth code
    You should experience something similar to the video.

This is actually catastrophic and becomes egregious to even sign in on mobile. Please fix this urgently

7 Likes

I have the same bug. iPad Pro 11" 2020 with iPadOS 14. I only started noticing it recently.

1 Like

I am also experiencing the same issue, only started when this new verification screen was implemented. I’m running on iOS 14.3 on an iPhone 11. Sometimes the first number gets stuck when you type too fast or just randomly does anyway. I haven’t not come across this issue so far. https://streamable.com/e/ob2ter

It seems even worse on iPhone SE 2020 edition with iOS 14.3, to the point I can’t log into my account on iOS:

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Not sure if this issue is related to anything causing the same issue, but when using Face ID to auto fill saved passwords on IOS, it now only fills in one box instead of both (username and password), but the old login page did fill both.

2 Likes

When I try to use my Face ID on my iPhone 11 to auto fill saved passwords on the Roblox app only, the Face ID goes through successfully, but it still requires me to type it in anyway, which is really odd. It works fine for me on the Roblox website to auto fill my password and 2-Step verification, but the app is quite buggy, which as Stickpuppet said, probably has something to do with the new iOS update, as I have installed this and it wasn’t happening prior to me updating the phone just mere hours earlier.

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is now fixed. It appears there’s a new text box instead, thanks for looking into it!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.