Can't zoom or focus on object in Team Create in Specific Game

For the past month I haven’t been able to scroll zoom or focus with (F) on any objects.

This only happens in one specific place, this only happens with team create enabled and this only happens to me in team create not any other users.

I have tried zooming & focusing in other games in Studio and it works just fine. This makes me think it’s something to do with the specific place and my saved team create user profile in that place.

Unfortunately I don’t know how I created the issue and I can’t find a way to fix it.

Log file for engineers here if that helps:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/log-file-cant-scroll-zoom-focus-in-studio-team-create-issue/651047

14 Likes

I am also experiencing this bug as of August 4th.

The F key is not zooming to objects and the option is grayed out in the context menu:

This only happens in a certain team create. Here’s the link: https://www.roblox.com/games/5446468883/PRODUCTION-FROG

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Log file:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/log-file/710689

1 Like

Bump. I wanna add to this thread because my team create project is also experiencing this as well.
Only odd thing is that I have had the place for a year or two and it used to work.
This makes me think that it might have something to do with an update that might’ve came out with Roblox Studio?
It’s just a mild inconvenience, but the Focus Zoom is a life saver sometimes.

1 Like

Still happening for me. Can’t zoom or focus…

Try going to your camera and if its on custom put it to fixed

11 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice - encountered this and it was getting quite annoying.

This solved the issue for me.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

2 Likes

I think it’s been resolved?

Someone please confirm

I checked and it is not fixed

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set Workspace.Camera.CameraType to Custom in the editor
  2. Rightclick a basepart in the Explorer

Expected result: The Zoom option should be available

Actual results: The Zoom option is disabled

1 Like

I thought zoom camera was only for a specific camera type.

I think it would make sense if the Studio feature to zoom in on a part is enabled regardless of the camera type in the game.

Still happening 15 Jan … it’s a team create universe game and only happens in one of the places.
Can’t scroll zoom or focus. Luckily the place is the smallest and confined to a very small area, so it’s pretty much not an issue. -
But the fact that the bug still exists is.

3 Likes

Happened as of 7th of February, again in a team create game and only in that game. Its really bothering me.

Alright, when there is an update i will pass it on

4 Likes

Bump, found a fix a while back. Here’s the steps:

1. Delete the CurrentCamera in workspace.
  2. There is no step two.
8 Likes

Hi, this should be fixed starting in the 478 release of Studio.

4 Likes

This has been fixed in the latest version of Studio

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.