CanvasGroup Beta: Group Transparency on UI Groups

now canvasgroups dont show up in-game
in studio it works fine but in-game its bugged

2 Likes

its not bugged its just not been released… its still in beta that’s why we’re complaining this took too long to be released

it was working in game earlier today
whatever flags they switched just disabled it outright i guess
but yes it should be released

1 Like

Hello , it seems like CanvasGroup have been disable ? Anyone knows when it will be added back?

4 Likes

ive asked on why it was disabled, ill reply once i get a reply from the staff

1 Like

Hi everyone, we are slowly rolling out this feature this week and some work has already been in progress that might result in the fact that your CanvasGroup content might be not displaying on clients. (The studio beta should continue to work.) Once we finish the release, there might be a grace period of time that our internal QAs would test about if it causes any neg impact on exiting experience, so normally we would wait until we are confident to announce the official release. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your wait.

17 Likes

Did you disable clips for rotation?

(update: just realized it was toggled to global not sibling)

2 Likes

It seems like CanvasGroup is Broken with UIScale…
when i use TweenService to animate the UIScale,it broken.it shows pink screen
*edit
it seems like TweenService is broken with CanvasGroup!

1 Like

Do you have a repro file I can look at? Generally we suggest not to tween CanvasGroup’s size on the fly as it would create different sizes of texture every frame, which would probably trigger memory cap and result in rejection to create new textures.

Are there any updates on the official release?

You should be able to enable it via Studio’s beta features!

You can enable it via Studio’s beta features tab

1 Like

It’s kinda released, it’s available on the client but it’s not completely live

1 Like

Enabling is not the same as being able to launch in-game

1 Like

You should update the “Known Issues”, the 5th point was implemented and the crashing doesnt appear for me

I’ve been able to do it since beta release

You have to realize that fixing bugs and making an entire new class isn’t easy to do.

yeah but I hope they will able to get it released… i mean like its slowly rolling out :face_holding_back_tears:

It is live on production right now. You should be able to publish games with it.

7 Likes

When will CanvasGroup’s features be supported on widgets?

Clipping with UICorner is not supported

CanvasGroup’s stand-out features are overridden by widgets

I’m facing the same issue show here in the post below. On MacOS , I am able to reproduce this issue every time by forcing either component of CanvasGroup.AbsoluteSize to be 0. I tried the same steps to replicate the issue on Windows, but the CanvasGroup worked as expected.

3 Likes