CanvasGroup Contents Not Rendering

YES, THERE HAS BEEN A FEW POSTS CONCERNING THIS ISSUE PUBLISHED HERE ON THE DEVFORUMS.
Such as this one!

However, I am bringing it back up because I have heard nothing regarding the fixes for this issue in a while whatsoever. I can probably imagine the UI engine for Roblox isn’t on top of the priority list, but as a UI developer on the platform I believe this is an issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE?
Upon re-sizing a parent frame of a CanvasGroup, or even the CanvasGroup itself, to a value of UDim2.fromScale(0, 0), everything within the CanvasGroup does not render afterwards.

WHAT FIXES HAVE I TRIED?
It seems re-sizing the parent frame / CanvasGroup to a smaller scale, but not equal to (0, 0) may bypass this bug- although not 100% guaranteed. You can also re-part the CanvasGroup back to the frame to re-render the contained objects, but I feel this is un-necessary as the first fix. Third fix is you could just ignore CanvasGroups altogether (haha).

WHERE DOES THE BUG OCCUR?
Happens in both Roblox Studio and in live games.

Below I have videos involving this bug.

Here is how my UI works with the temporary fix of setting my UI’s scale to a small value, but not equal to (0, 0).

Here is how the same UI works when I sett the actual scale of the UI to (0, 0) before sizing it back up.

As you can see, the title part does not render properly because of the CanvasGroup issue. I can copy / paste the CanvasGroup back in for it to render.

Here is a list of my current specs, although I don’t believe the bug has to do anything with my computer itself.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
  • 32.0GB Memory

Expected behavior

WHAT DO I EXPECT TO HAPPEN?
Obviously, everything contained in the CanvasGroup just needs to render after re-sizing it from a scale of (0, 0). Not sure how else to word that.

This issue has been a thing for a few years now, but it definitely has become more frequent as I have been trying to complete UI commissions throughout this bug’s occurrence.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

we gotta bring this to light!!!

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your report on this issue! I’ve made a fix for this specific bug and it should go live within the next month, I’ll give an update when that happens. Thanks!

4 Likes

Don’t mark this as solution, it’ll start the topic auto lock timer and after that no one will able to post here

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.