- Insert a CanvasGroup into a ScreenGui
- Insert a ViewportFrame into the CanvasGroup
- Place a part and camera into the Viewport
- Set the Viewports CurrentCamera and center the block to the camera
- Make sure the part is visible and rendering in the Viewport
- Toggle the CanvasGroups visible property 2 times
System Information: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700T CPU @ 2.40 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
This file contains a simple demonstration of the bug. There is a toggle button and 2 other buttons to demonstrate what resumes the viewports render.
CanvasGroup_Viewport_Bug.rbxl (50.4 KB)
I expect the ViewportFrame to continuously render itself after toggling the CanvasGroups visible property.
The ViewportFrame stops rendering when the parent CanvasGroups visible property is set to true.
Currently, one workaround is to change a property of the ViewportFrame which resumes the rendering of objects.
Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-01 09:12:00 (+00:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-12-09 00:12:00 (+00:00)