CanvasGroups clipped via ClipsDescendants' contents don't update properly when parent is resized

As a foreword, the issue may be related to this, however in my issue the CanvasGroup itself isn’t being resized whereas in that post, the CanvasGroup is being resized.

When a CanvasGroup is clipped via ClipsDescendants, the CanvasGroup’s contents aren’t updated properly if the “clipper”'s size is updated.

A layout that you can use to get it to work is the following:

• GuiObject; ClipsDescendants set to true; size 0, 100, 0, 100
    • CanvasGroup; size 0, 200, 0, 100
      • Any GuiObject; size 0, 200, 0, 100

Now, to visualize the bug, change the topmost GuiObject’s size to be larger (ie 0, 200, 0, 100).

As you can see, you are left with something like this – the green is the CanvasGroup’s BackgroundColour3, the red is the frame inside of the CanvasGroup

Now, the issue doesn’t fix itself until the CanvasGroup is interacted with (selected in the explorer or the mouse hovers over it).

Note that because the issue fixes itself when the CanvasGroup is first interacted with, it is important that the CanvasGroup isn’t hovered over during the process of creation.

If you do interact with it, you can just duplicate the topmost frame and then delete the original one, and the CanvasGroup will be put back into that weird state. It seems to be per-object.

System specs:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon graphics
48.0 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz

Repro file:
Once you open up the file, change the size of the frame called “Resize me” to something like 0, 200, 0, 100
canvasGroup.rbxl (57.2 KB)

Expected behavior

The CanvasGroup’s contents should update whenever its parent is resized

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Hi, we are looking at the issue, and it seems that I cannot repro it any more with the repro steps and place files attached. Do you mind checking if this issue still happens to you? thanks.

Hi, yes can still repro. Make sure you aren’t hovering your mouse over it or selecting the CanvasGroup or anything as it’ll correct itself. Also make sure you’re resizing the frame called “Resize me” and not the CanvasGroup

I have tried on both my windows and mac os machines, and I still cannot repro this. Are you still on the same hardware setting as described above?

I have different specs now which I was able to repro on,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
32.0GB DDR5 RAM

Can also repro on my M1 pro mac

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 7.26.08 pm