Cape pushes character despite having cancollide/massless/0 density

To put it simply, I am attempting to create a cape with hinges that acts as non-collision cloth physics. I welded it to my character, and it moves fine, but any large movements from the cape push my character around slightly. I have attempted to disable collision, set massless, and alter physical properties of the character and cape. Is there any way to disable the pushing from physics objects onto my character?

Have you tried setting up a cape collision group instead?

yes, in the image the cape has its own separate collision group

Have you tried to attach a fake barrier at the back of your character, with a 3. collision group, that is also welded to your character. The barrier should only be able to collision with the cape and stops the cape from going into your character (optionally)

the problem is not the cape going INTO my character, but rather pushing my entire character despite having all collisions off.

Physics are weird, you gotta start somewhere. We don’t know if it have any impact yet. If it turns out it does not have an impact, you now have a cape that does not travel through your body.

Next approach could be, don’t attach the cape to your character, but to a part that always have the cframe of your characters upper torso.

how would i go about doing that without doing a tight local loop

When character’s cframe is moving, change the position of Part.

First I’d double check that it’s actually the cape by deleting it and seeing if the jump is fixed.

If it is then you know it’s the cape.

It might have something to do with multiple hinges in line. Roblox physics gets weird with multiple Constraints attached in a series of multiple Parts.

can confirm it is the cape, i just used a simple weld script to weld the hood to my head.

Try welding it to the HumanoidRootPart instead.

it still pushes my character when changing the weld part0

Have you checked the cape Parts Properties while testing? Does the Massless Property (or any others) change between Studio and Test Mode?

yes, nothing changes between live testing and studio editing

Hmmm.
Does it make a difference if you leave the first hinged cape Part but delete the rest of the cape attached to it with Hinges?
Just wondering if we can determine if it’s the Hinges added after the first one causing the issue.

yes, removing all four other sections on each side completely removes the pushing

Yeah, so likely a Physics issue.
Have you looked into using a skinned mesh? I saw a post a while ago that referenced someone’s YT video on making them.

i will attempt to look into how to use skinned meshes, if you know have a video tutorial or rbxl file i can reference that would be a great help

There’s a video in that link. Or just google Roblox skinned mesh tutorial to see what’s there.