CaptainJadeFlames | 3D Modeling I Think Maybe A Little?

Hello hello!! I’m CaptainJadeFlames, been modeling on and off as a small hobby ever since Roblox introduced uploading models as a feature back in June 2016. Still have a long way to go from where I’d like to be, but I’ve certainly made some cool stuff these past few years!

Currently not looking for work, be sure to keep an eye out for when I am!

Not only do I bring my 3D modeling skills, but also experience in working towards having my hats work with other, pre-existing Roblox accessories. Send a DM my way and we can get started on discussing what would be right for you!

Earlier in June 2019, Roblox released their own Deadly Dark Dominus in the form of a red, evil looking Dominus. However, the Deadly Dark Dominus had originated from Tinfoilbot, and I didn’t feel that Roblox’s design fit with the original theme or purpose of the DDD at all.

This would be my own based on Tinfoilbot’s original design, as seen in the video “proof i am not lying!!!”

Deadly Dark Dominus
Created: June 16th, 2019
Tris: 1346
Vertices:958
Texture: 256x256

Original Appearances

Tinfoilbot’s Design:

Roblox’s Version: Deadly Dark Dominus - Roblox

The Fidget Spinner shown here is be a cleaned up version of the one I released back in May 2017. That spinner has been used in countless games, from MeepCity to Fashion Frenzy!

Fidget Spinner
Created: August 19th, 2019 (Original May 9th, 2017)
Tris: 462
Vertices: 229
Texture: 128x128

My first new hat made in anticipation of UGC, Seeing Double! The hat here is solely a set of two eyes, which are attatched to the front of the head. Inspired by Rareware games such as Banjo-Kazooie, these eyes are positioned to let you attach a set of eyes to a variety of hats, from caps to banded top hats.

Seeing Double
Created: August 19th, 2019
Tris: 284
Vertices: 184

No big story or special hook for this one, just a cute UGC hat.

Sizeable Spectacles
Created: August 20th, 2019
Tris: 254
Vertices: 282

Weighing in at at least eleven gallons, the Twenty Gallon hat covers the entire Robloxian’s head, allowing for a few unique combinations which focus on the torso rather than the head.

Twenty Gallon Hat
Created: August 20th, 2019
Tris: 554
Vertices: 423

LOLWHEN is based on the original LOLHOO series, which involved several fruits bearing teeth. Care has been put in to make sure it matches the eerie style of the LOLHOO fruits, while still being a wonderful hat. As time went on from initially wanting to just make another LOLHOO style fruit, this banana did pick up a rather grim “Fate is inevitable.” theme.

LOLWHEN
Created: August 22nd, 2019
Tris: 581
Vertices: 318

Great Granddaddy Tentacles pulls things a few years back, making a Tentacles hat based on the ammonoids.

Great Granddaddy Tentacles
Created: August 27th, 2019
Tris: 1614
Vertices: 934

A Chōchin-Obake, a wonderful little Yōkai! Having seen them over the years, this was one design I’ve always loved for how silly it is!

Chōchin-Obake
Created: September 9th, 2019
Tris: 1026
Vertices: 836

Team Spirit is the name of these ghosts from beyond the grave! Two spirits curved around your head!

Created: October 7th, 2019
Tris: 920
Vertices: 506

An Ancient Killbot from Roblox’s brickbattling era! Known to launch rockets at anyone who dares near them, a lone slingshot pellet was enough to demolish these fragile tools of destruction. This also happens to be my first time really messing with Blender’s Cycles Render!

Created: October 8th, 2019
Tris: 480
Vertices: 242

This Power Cord Tail is a simple one, but I felt it’d be a nice addition for sillier robot outfits.

Created: October 14th, 2019
Tris: 586
Vertices: 479

Get ready to bump to the beat with these Boppin’ Boppers. One of the stranger accessory ideas which has come to my head.

Created: October 26th, 2019
Tris: 778
Vertices: 432

We have not one, not two, but three different bowling items here! The Bowling Pin Mohawk, a Bowling Ball, and the Bowling Blossom. One could say I was on a roll with this set!

Created: November 1st, 2019 - November 2nd, 2019

The Witching Hour 2013 was an old Halloween event for Roblox in which 31 different BLOXikin prizes were awarded. Small figures representing staff members of Roblox at the time, dressed up in outfits. While it would be a bit odd considering the plot, I’ve always been upset at the fact that there wasn’t a BLOXikin based on the main villain of the game, Bloxhilda. It could be due to the fact that a lot of Bloxhilda was made up of assets found within the catalog and edited, but they were still a noteworthy character of the adventure!

[Original Bloxhilda model NOT by me.]

Six years later, with a knowledge of 3D modeling and a love for making items based on some of Roblox’s older pieces of history, BLOXikin #00 Bloxhilda is now here!

Created: November 4th, 2019
Tris: 1162
Vertices: 1175

Lookie this fuzzy wuzzy Bee Stinger! The perfect outfit to bee-come a happy honey bee!

Created: November 7th, 2019
Tris: 312
Vertices: 170

But for those of you who would rather fight for your swarm, there’s always the offering of joining The Hive Mind. With a honeycomb-interlaced helmet, may no one stand in your way of producing little bear-shaped bottles of honey.

Created: November 9th, 2019
Tris: 1056
Vertices: 803

Could you ever trust a ruler without a crown? No, the exact reason you went out of your way to buy this one online. Just don’t let the townsfolk know that you’re wearing a Counterfeit Coronet, or they might just be sent into a panic as a result!

Created: December 1st, 2019
Tris: 868
Vertices: 651

Made out of the fluffiest yarn, KreekCraft’s Beanie Hat is the perfect headwear for the winter!

Tris: 820
Vertices: 542

Late in 2018, Roblox had their third Egg Design contest. Users could submit designs, and one of them would end up being an official egg for Egg Hunt 2019. fernanlol03’s egg design ended up being the winner, and looked like a wonderful design! Unfortunately when the egg did end up releasing, it didn’t really look too good in my opinion.

I wanted to show it was possible to get the egg looking wonderfully, so I went and created my own version of the egg.

Retro Egg, The Geometric
Created: March 24th, 2019
Tris: 958
Vertices: 661

Original Appearances

The Original Concept Art:
https://twitter.com/Roblox/status/1060970976287047680

Roblox’s Version:
Retro Egg, The Geometric - Roblox

Who remembers Lucky Lapin? I’d imagine a good amount of the people reading haven’t been around for Egg Hunt 2014, but they were the character which sent you off on your egg quest. While the antagonist, Rabid Rabbit, got their own egg, Lucky Lapin never did. This was a concept I’ve done twice before, once as a retexture of the Rabid Rabbit Egg, and again as a few pre-existing Roblox hats pieced together in June 2016, back when I knew very little about 3D modeling.

This would be the third version, with completely new geometry. The face texture is taken from the original texture Roblox released in 2014, but the geometry and ears are original.

Lucky Lapin Egg
Created: October 12th, 2017
Tris: 1544
Vertices: 860

Sometime after Roblox’s Egg Hunt 2018 Egg Design contest, I wished to release some fake leaks. I was inspired by other big leakers, and wanted to see how far my skills in 3D modeling have gone.

Originally I was going to make an entire batch of 12, one of which being the original contest winner, but figured that if Roblox ends up revealing their own model of the contest winner it’d disprove all the other eggs, and being scrapped for time and wanting to make sure none of the eggs gave away the secret, I ended up only making three.

The ILOVEEGG, Spectrum Egg of Wild Blue Yonder, and Carrot Egg all fit within Roblox’s limits, using a 256x256 texture and sitting at 1028, 2372, and 1304 tris respectively. The ILOVEEGG’s grid pattern may not seem as interesting when the Retro Egg I made uses a similar method, but I felt it should still be included here.

Badimo, the hit duo of asimo3089 and badcc responsible for the instant classic Jailbreak, now in a miniature BLOXikin size! Who could possibly resist this duo when they’re about a stud tall? Each of the accessories worn were re-made from their full Roblox counterparts to fit the small form factor.

asimo3089 BLOXikin
Created: February 13th, 2020
Tris: 1130
Vertices: 926
Asimo3089 Shoulder Pet - Roblox

badcc BLOXikin
Created: February 19th, 2020
Tris: 868
Vertices: 792
badcc - Roblox

A vertex painted mirror I made for one of Roblox’s events. This was the first time I used a Blender plugin to really add some extra detail to my painting, allowing me to add color both along the length of the mirror, and some depth between the front and the back of the rim.

Created:
Tris: 644
Vertices: 766

A few flowers made for Fairy World, all vertex painted, made in August 2018.

Eggs for BuildIntoGames’ hit game Pet Simulator, made in August 2018.

Egg Hunt 2013 Re-Mario’d Trailer

Probably the strangest example on this list would be this de-make of Egg Hunt 2013’s map I did for April Fool’s Day. While it didn’t quite hit the mark for the amount of tris a regular Mario 64 map uses (which I’ve now found out is around 900, even though with emulation you can go much higher than that) it was still a fun time to recreate everything to be playable within Mario 64.

If anything does change, be it new additions to the portfolio or time opening up for me to be available, I’ll be sure to update this post to let you know!

29 Likes
Just updated the post with the following items added...
  • Team Spirit

• Ancient Killbot

• Power Cord Tail

• Boppin’ Boppers

• Bowling Pin Mohawk

• Bowling Ball

• Bowling Blossom

• BLOXikin #00 Bloxhilda

• Bee Stinger

• The Hive Mind

• Counterfeit Coronet

Edit February 5th, 2020: As of right now, I'm no longer looking for any new work. Keep an eye out, that can always change in the future. I'll be sure to let you know when that happens!

I’ve also decided to open up my work to Video Stars interested in releasing a UGC item. With over a decade of Roblox history under my belt, and a lot of experience with accessories over the years, I’m sure we can work together to create an absolutely wonderful accessory!

Not only do I bring my 3D modeling skills, but also experience in working towards having my hats work with other, pre-existing Roblox accessories. Send a DM my way and we can get started on discussing what would be right for you!

1 Like

I’m here not to hire you but i want to say that you’ve made awesome eggs, especially Lucky Lapin! As i’m very interested in Roblox Egg hunt history i like 2013 map de-make aswell! Good job on all of this pal, i wish you the best on following your dreams and making such beautiful eggs.