CaptchaTheFlag - Protect your game from bots

This is great! I can see how this can help stop most bots from advertising spam links.

For colourblind people, I suggest mking a new puzzle on the V2 CAPTCHA that utilizes the new beta UI corner element. The captcha can have a question like “Which element is the most/least shaped like a circle?”

Keep up the good work, I expect to see some good updates! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

The UI corner is a great alternative for colorblind people, thank you for the idea :grin: Although, it would be easy to detect because the bots would know exactly what to look for in the Gui (UICorner). If they don’t have any form of exploiting however, it would work great

I highly disagree, as a developer I run into many issues such as bots and exploiters, this is an issue for not just certain people, most developers as well. So it is in fact, and issue Roblox could solve by creating better captchas, or limiting the amount of bot accounts created, thank you for your input though!

2 Likes

I’ve seen thousands of bots join and start spamming, giving off that they can run code on the client. If they can then just checking some basic values would allow them to bypass this. I don’t think this is the best way to prevent it. I would imagine checking there outfit, name, status, friends and the like to see if there a bot rather than a captcha.

NOTE: I didn’t have time to read the ENTIRE thread so if someone has already pointed out a correction for this then feel free to reply!

I seriously, do love the idea. But I’d love it alot more if it was a little bit more if it was a little simplier? like image
This for me is slightly confusing, because Roblox Lua just isn’t understanding. .

Personally I think that captchas are more troublesome to players than the protection from bots they provide. Maybe this thread could be useful? A few methods in there could work, and are less disruptive than a captcha.
Thread

I’m pretty sure you can set how round the UI corner will be and If you put most/least shaped like a square/circle randomy each time then it would be harder for bots

I believe that this is quite useless as competent people like Aris that have made powerful bots are able to bypass this quite easily for their bots. He is able to execute any sort of script on all of the bot clients and hence bypass your security so maybe you should try to protect the RemoteFunction.

The only real way this problem could be solved would be by Roblox themselves. Game developers shouldn’t have to worry about problems like bots instead Roblox should secure their platform.

It’s not entirely useless as most bots are lazily made and probably won’t be hardcoded to bypass it. While some advanced bots will be able to bypass it, most/some of the bots will be stopped. That’s better than nothing, isn’t it?

3 Likes

This solves nothing, only creates a nuisance for the player. All a user has to do is run a program which reads off of the screen, then use a letter recog neural network and select the color based off of it.

1 Like

Yeah, I have to say I wouldn’t make this a system in my game. If anything I’d just make a light age system so that the bots have to of least of been created at a later date. Obviously not full proof but at least it doesn’t get in the ways of genuine players. It might be considerable if you’d of added, “it only works once per account” but then again I could just edit it to do that. But honestly, it’s easily bypassed by exploiters and news flash, a exploiter could in theory still have a bot bypass that. so I wouldn’t use this.

That being said if you’re confident this could help you then go for it. I just wouldn’t use it as a resource.

3 Likes

But isn’t the entire point of this Captcha system that it would stop bots which weren’t programmed to enter your game in specific?

What I’m trying to say is: yes, of course if the bot was programmed to get through this specific Captcha, it would be useless. But, if only your game and a handful of others used this system, who would bother creating custom bots for just these games when there are countless others which aren’t protected from generic spam bots?

If exploiters can get in, I wouldn’t suggest. Though it’s always helpful towards stopping bots I guess.

1 Like

It’s good, but what’s the reason if you have the Chat enabled before completing the captcha? The bots can still spam in the chat.

Solution: Don’t forward chats from accounts younger than X days until they complete a captcha

Second method, will take more time to bypass

Can you make V2 like:
Select the pictures with the most color
Or something like that?

That would be great.

Version 2 Looks Great.

Also, this is for stopping bot’s not exploiters

Can a version of this be updated for GitHub?

If you made it so when you have to do the captcha it disables the chat UI for the time they are doing the captcha the model would be complete.

Bots can still type in the chat when doing the captcha. (Shown below)

Thank you!

2 Likes