CaptureService images to discord through webhook

The contentid is being received as “rbxapp://capture/userid_placeid_idkkk.png”.
I was wondering if there’s a way to turn this into attachment image so you can view it on discord through sending it with webhook. I know that it is because adopt me already made something like this for reporting bugs but I have no idea how to do it and I’m trying to figure out because I need it.

As far as I know the images made by CaptureService are only available locally (so no access through website assetid). Roblox also doesn’t provide a way to convert the image to bytes.

I don’t think this is possible currently.

uplift games has implemented this though as i stated above, so it is possible in a way.

This is just test code but this may work.
import requests

Your Discord webhook URL

webhook_url = ‘https://discord.com/api/webhooks/YOUR_WEBHOOK_ID/YOUR_WEBHOOK_TOKEN

URL of the image you want to post

image_url = ‘https://www.robloxlibrary.com/path/to/your/image.png

Payload to send to Discord

payload = {
“content”: “Here is an image from Roblox!”,
“embeds”: [{
“image”: {
“url”: image_url
}
}]
}

Send the request to Discord

response = requests.post(webhook_url, json=payload)

if response.status_code == 204:
print(‘Image posted successfully!’)
else:
print(f’Failed to post image. Status code: {response.status_code}')
This is in python so it may not work, and may not be what you were looking for but its a try.

They save it to your local captures folder. Then they hope the user will report the bug and send those images with it.

Still a manual process on the player’s end though…

Here’s the API list:

Maybe try out the ‘share’. This will open the share menu pop-up so they can directly send the message to where they want.

I don’t think a fully automated method is possible currently. Maybe in the future as roblox seems to be going in the direction of in-experience UGC design (mesh/image APIs).

If players are ever allowed to publish screenshots to roblox, then you could simply do a site query on ‘roblox.com/library/ASSET_ID’ to get the image hosted by roblox.

1 Like

I’m just guessing I’ll find a different way to do stuff like these.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.